1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Sweden to recognise Palestine as a state

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aussie792, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Mzansi

Finally is all I have to say.
    This shouldn't be something you get points for in the public eyes for doing,
    It should be an expectation to give people their right to freedom and self-determination in their own homeland and country.

2. Nikky DoUrden

I wont take it as an offence because you might have missed my point; sweden lives in a bubble in their comfortable chairs and AC and say "hmmm ... this is good. this is bad." when they have no responsibility for anything they say. If THEY would need to give part of sweden for anyone, then I want to see how they would react.
    Anyway - one country for jews and one for arabs was already tried. Then the arabs attacked. And that including Egypt and Syria. so there, my ignorance for thinking they would attack again if such oppertunity will arrise >.>

I'm not gonna give history lessons 0=)

Why ? Is it so horrible to have an arab state in sweden .. ?

How Iran could nuke Israel off the face of the planet using .. oh right, uranium for "peace purposes only".
    Israel fears what might happen. they dont wanna take chances. would u ? I can paint a picture if needed :
    [​IMG]

The above is a picture I saw on the web, I think was made by anti-israeli group.
    Which is quiet funny because I think it serves the opposite goal :grin:

Anyway, I dont like taking sides, but just the amount of people *against* one side makes me feel like this is bullying, thats why im countering you guys.
    I'm pro peace and hopefully this stupid conflict will resolve sooner than later with compromises with BOTH sides that will agree to live in peace.

And may putin withdraw anti-homophobic laws too while im at my wishful thinking!
    (comical relief, come'on!)

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Might want to take one, though, or at least a lesson in ethics.

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2014 at 09:39 PM ----------

The parts in bold are where you don't understand the idea of relevance. It also might be important to note that Hamas are Sunnis, and Iran's government are Shi'ite, with a lot of ideological differences. I'm not seeing how you got much of a link there apart from paranoia.

And bullying? Recognising Palestinians as deserving of equal legal rights as Israelis is bullying? Astounding.

#43 Aussie792, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  4. Mzansi

The map used is stupid,
    As last time I checked,
    Iran,Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia and all the other central Asian countries were not Arab :slight_smile:

Also, It'd be as good as taking away Spain from the Spanish ans saying they can all settle in France since they're all 'white'.

You're basing your thoughts on misconceptions of what it means to be 'Arab' and the unique cultural and linguistic identity of each Arabic country.

#44 Mzansi, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  5. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that anyone has mentioned this yet, but I see it mentioned every time Palestine and Israel are brought up: as far as this whole issues goes, it doesn't matter who was "there first". They're both there now and they need to learn to live with each other. Until both sides recognize that, nothing is ever going to go anywhere.

6. Hexagon

Yes. And there's no use arguing over who is at fault, either. Almost every state has committed atrocities in its past, and while these ought to be addressed and remembered, they do not mean that the state in the present has no right to exist.

7. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Well said! :eusa_clap

8. Israel is not an apartheid...In South African under apartheid, Blacks couldn't serve in the government or military, and had no rights.

In Israel, there are Arabs serving in the Israeli military and in the Knesset (their governing body). Arab women can vote in Israel (which isn't even an Arab country)--that's the ONLY place in the Middle East where Arab women can do that. Gays who would be killed in Arab countries are free to be themselves in Israel. So are Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, etc...in the Palestinian territories, all these people would be killed.

---------- Post added 29th Nov 2014 at 01:54 PM ----------

Palestine was never a sovereign Arab nation. The Roman Empire renamed Israel "Palestine" when they took over, as a humiliation to the Jews. Palestine was derived from the world "Philistines", a sea-faring people who were invaders and enemies of the Jews. After the fall of Rome, the Ottoman Turks took control of the region and kept the name. Then after WW1 when the Ottoman Empire fell, the British took over, and again, kept the name. The British gave it to the Jews who were coming from Europe after the Holocaust, to the Jews who had been living in Israel for generations, and to the Jews who were expelled from the Muslim Middle Eastern countries simply because they were Jewish. It was never an Arab country. In fact, prior to 1967, the "Palestinian people" referred to themselves merely as Arabs. They only began calling themselves "Palestinian" in 1967 to try and get a legitimate claim to the land, even though it was never theirs to begin with.

9. Tardis2020

Let me reiterate what I've said in other threads. If you are gay in Palestine, you will be executed. It is a crime to be gay there. If you are a women who was raped by a man, you can be executed for having sex with someone other than your husband. If you are a man raped by a man you will be executed for being gay (regardless of the victim's sexual orientation). If you are a Jew, you will be executed. Hamas' creed, the law there, calls for the killing of all Jews. Hamas is classified as a terrorist group by the U.N. Recognizing Palestine only serves to legitimize and give power to terrorists. This is not a good thing. This is not a long awaited justice, or any other phrasing thereof.