1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exercises after binding?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TheFSM, Oct 3, 2014.

1. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I am a stupid piece of shit that binded for 20 hours yesterday. I kn of forget that I have a binder on sometimes. and often even when I am alone at home I do not want to take it off.
    Well now my back hurts. I've heard before that there are some exercises you should do after binding.. can't seem to find anything on the internet though.. does anyone have an Idea on what to do. I kind of want to bind right now but I feel like I shouldn't any advice?

2. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are in pain, DO NOT PUT THE BINDER BACK ON. I'm not aware of any specific exercises that you SHOULD do, but I find doing yoga poses (cobra, downward-facing dog, child's pose, for example) and deep, steady breathing (and, like, reaching for the ceiling) help with my post-binding aches. Again, do NOT bind again until you are no longer in pain! Be careful, friend!

3. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rub your chest, make sure the blood flow is getting everywhere it should. Chest massage a little and do some arm stretches. I agree with Frere in the yoga poses, stretching and beep breathing helps get stuff back to where it should be and loosens up stuff. Always be safe, and while binding for a long time is sometimes inevitable be sure to take care of yourself.

4. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you !

5. birdking

I wouldn't worry about it too much, but be cautious about binding for extended periods of time in the future! If you end up sleeping in your binder or forgetting it's on a few times, it won't hurt you.

Do some stretches, get a good night's sleep and maybe give yourself a break from binding for as long as you feel ok doing so.

I've also been told that coughing after you take it off is a good precaution against pneumonia? Not sure but hey, it wouldn't hurt.

6. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    ooh thank you birdking!

7. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Keep it off for a while until your back doesn't hurt. Try stretching, especially those involving the pecs and back muscles.
    Because I'm out studying all day long I am forced to bind for nearly 18 hours a day. What I do is I wear a easily unzippable zipper binder and take breaks every now and then when I visit the bathroom. Better than nothing I guess.

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's probably similar to the BDSM precautions for clamping and bondage/shibari.

Reduce the period of time that you bind. Take breaks in between. If there is numbness and pain, stop wearing the binder. Don't push your luck. Gently massage the area. Whenever, my circulation gets cut off, I've found that hemp seeds work wonders. They've made the pain and the numbness go. They take a bit of time, but not extremely long. You should be able to find hemp seeds at health or organic/natural stores. I also drink lots water when this happens.