1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheStormInside, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ryujin

TheStormInside - I've gone as Death the precious few times but this time I'd like to go as a video game / anime / comic book character. I'm thinking along the lines of 'Scarecrow', One of those kids with gas masks from the Doctor Who episode, Some kind of Lich or a Borg. I'd actually really like to go as Kirigiri from Danganronpa but for some reason I don't think I'll get away with it.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want to dress up but I don't know what I would be I was going to be a witch , but I hadn't found a good costume .If I had a girlfriend I would be Red Riding hood ,and ask her to dress up as the big bad wolf .

3. iHateThinking

So far, I actually have no idea. I know what two cosplays I'm doing for NYCC (Leon Kuwata & Terezi Pyrope), but for Halloween I really have no idea what I wanna do. Usually I have some idea of what I wanna go for but this year the well is pretty dry.

Maybe I'll go a bit more traditional route and try to go as a vampire or murderer or something of that nature. It wouldn't be difficult to put together, though difficult to explain to those in the Latin club; there's a Classics' meeting on that day and one of the lectures happens to be Halloween themed. :grin:

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I'd say I finally finished decorating today (aka I skipped class to fucking clean everything and now have space to put up decorations), but now I just want to buy more stuff. Idk where I'm gonna put it all once the holiday is over/when I move but WHATEVER, HALLOWEEN IS BEAST YOLO ETC.

I'm sad because I never get trick-or-treaters and I'll probably work that night anyway.... might ask for the next morning off tho in case I end up going to someone's house/drinking alone and sobbing lol

5. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have anything planned for this year. Next year I want to dress up as Jenny from Doctor Who though.

6. Beth01

Out Status:
    All but family
    I am dressing up (coincidentally) as the Marceline also. Any specific episode in mind?

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My charity group at school has to raise money; each of us is expected to wear a pumpkin-themed dress to school that day while collecting. By "each of us is expected," I mean it was my idea. :lol: To be fair, stupid dresses made fundraisers more visible and ended up in better donations last year.

As for Hallowe'en parties, my friend and I are going to coordinate, and we haven't chosen anything yet. I was thinking Rocky Horror, but that tends to be relatively popular.

8. PurpleGrey

Ah, Halloween. It used to be a day where, in an emergency, we would borrow stock costumes from uncle William's box of mismatched costume parts. We would drive to his neighborhood and seek out the most tricked out houses and come back with our pillowcases half full. Lovely. Now our traditions are gone, so I have no plan or back-up plan for a costume this year.

Last year, I threw together my crappy Milanoo crap and went as a meido. Not this year! This year, I will either throw something cool together, or wear nothing as I take my little sister to beg for candy. And by nothing, I mean no costume.

Or, maybe I can buy something. I have a half-assed interest in going as Smithers this year, but that will fade before the month is over. I dunno, all I can say for certain is that it's no fun being nineteen on Halloween. But, maybe I can finally finish more than five minutes of Blair Witch Project before I crash. It's the last of three traditional movies I always try to watch on Halloween night.

9. edgy

edgy Guest

[PAGANALITY INTENSIFIES]

Light Blue Shemagh
    Duck Bill
    Dark Brown fedora

Bam! Generic Perry!

10. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Playing it simple this year and buying this cool bat onesie (with wings!) in Penneys (Primark). I don't actually own a onesie yet so this purchase will be a win win. Last year I gave out the sweets to the kids but this year I'm going to a party, should be fun!

11. TheStormInside

Leader233- That's awesome!

MintberryCrunch- Cool :lol: . How many people recognized you?

Ryujin- I like all of those ideas. That is one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes.. so creepy. I also like that your ideas are all both nerdy and creepy, quite appropriate for Halloween :slight_smile:

Stocking- That'd be cute :slight_smile: . It shouldn't be too hard to find a witch costume if you go to a Halloween store. Around here "Spirit Halloween" stores pop up everywhere this time of year. My parents did the Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf one year, too.

gay axolotl- How tall are you? Sounds like it might be time to don a cheesy mask and try to pass for a 12 year old so you can trick or treat!

Beth01- I'm going to do this outfit, but with the red and black striped shirt rather than a tank top as it'll be chilly here by the end of October. How about you?
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/sit...uk/files/blogs/marceline-adventure-time-4.png

12. kem

kem

Hmm I'm torn between Harry Potter and a pantomime.

13. Silas

I love Halloween :grin: I dunno what I'll be doing yet but I have an idea for a costume:

[​IMG]

People always tell me I act like Sheldon Cooper so I figure I might as well look the part :lol: I already have a Bazinga shirt so I'd just need the mask!

14. Beth01

Out Status:
    All but family
    Down in Florida, it's still pretty hot on Halloween- I'm planning to go as Marceline from What was Missing-http://atfanfic.wikia.com/wiki/File:Marceline_What_Was_Missing_outfit.png

15. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

That's actually really original! You should so be Sheldon:slight_smile:

16. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i managed to pass as kiddo until about 16. it was a good run. now i will just buy candy and play mental gymnastics trying to feel less guilty about eating 39 blowpops and 26 reeses cups. this would be a fun time to be a school custodian, dressing up for halloween. i anticipate that future.

QUOTE=TheStormInside;2296941]Leader233- That's awesome!

MintberryCrunch- Cool :lol: . How many people recognized you?

Ryujin- I like all of those ideas. That is one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes.. so creepy. I also like that your ideas are all both nerdy and creepy, quite appropriate for Halloween :slight_smile:

Stocking- That'd be cute :slight_smile: . It shouldn't be too hard to find a witch costume if you go to a Halloween store. Around here "Spirit Halloween" stores pop up everywhere this time of year. My parents did the Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Wolf one year, too.

gay axolotl- How tall are you? Sounds like it might be time to don a cheesy mask and try to pass for a 12 year old so you can trick or treat!

Beth01- I'm going to do this outfit, but with the red and black striped shirt rather than a tank top as it'll be chilly here by the end of October. How about you?
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/sit...uk/files/blogs/marceline-adventure-time-4.png[/QUOTE]

17. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

My wings! Actually they are purple not blue.

image.jpg

18. Silas

haha I think I'm gonna go for it! And your wings look awesome :grin:

19. CyanChachki

I really want to dress up as a vampire from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. My only problem is, I don't know how I'm going to do the make up.