1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever had a crush on someone who may be straight?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dbelieve, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Dakeli27

Of course. Most people are straight, so you're bound to crush on straight people once in a while.

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, but you can't let them get you down. I'm friends with someone who cute, lovely and awesome. But feels for a straight person is feelings wasted. Hence I've gotten over it (mostly).

3. Harvey Dent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I almost exclusively seem to have crushes on straight guys. The bromance, "let's play some video games and basketball", type of guys.

4. TurtleCat

Yes, definitely... You can't help who you fall for, but at the same time, I think my feelings for straight women are relatively short-lived. Mostly due to what most people described in this thread... most of the time it's unrequited with straight women, except in the rare circumstance where one might develop feelings for you as well and think "hey, maybe I'm not that straight after all..." but honestly, how often does that happen? Most either reject you outright, or if they do reciprocate, it's usually only for a short period until they realize that they are, ultimately, straight. For that reason, my feelings tend to be longer-lasting and more concrete with gay/bi women... because there's a bigger possibility of it working out, and I think a lot of my romantic feelings and crushes for people involve me imagining me dating, being with, and other lovey-dovey things with them... and it's just harder to imagine all that with someone who just isn't going to reciprocate them in any way.

5. CandleClock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Been there, and probably going to be there again even though it only leads to frustration

6. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah of course. The majority of people is straight, and quite a few of them ARE pretty cool and sexy. If I know, or highly suspect, they are straight I won't dream about them or anything, or confess my feelings, or let them evolve into anything more than a slight crush. Same if someone is already taken. You can simply never get a straight person (unless he/she is of the opposite sex, LOL), so letting your feelings grow will only hurt you in the end. Same if someone is taken, except that you CAN have success but you'd then snatch away someone's boy-/girlfriend, which is just nasty.

7. Beetle

Yes, once I did, but I quickly got over it. They're not worth the trouble. I'm now dating a bi girl who returns the feelings.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone