1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been mistaken for the wrong age?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MintberryCrunch, Sep 24, 2014.

1. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Usually 14, though I am under five feet so that could be why. When I worked at a day camp back in high school, a lot of the counsellors mistook me for the five and six year olds!

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My good friend is in his early 30s and is just starting to look like he's in his early 20s.

10 years ago, when he was in his early 20s, everyone assumed he was 16 or 17.

When I was in my early 20s and a business owner, everyone thought I was 30. Then when I was in my late 20s and taking college classes, everyone thought I was 21 or 22. So it's odd how it can work both ways.

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that's crazy! :slight_smile:

I have a friend who is 19 and people thought he was 28. He’s very tall, burly, facial hair. So he was standing next to me and they thought he was 28 and I was 16. And yet we were the same age haha

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was mistaken for 20 when I was 17 but I think that's because of my deep voice.

5. NatWheeled

Oh yes! I'm mistaken for somebody younger often, though it has gotten better. I've even had a waitress think I was kidding when I asked for a glass of wine....she went along with it so we didn't realize it til after my parents got theirs. Needless to say the waitress was embarrassed when my dad politely repeated my order, with me showing her my ID.

6. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

All the time.

7. White Knight

In my twenties, people always assumed I was 30.

Now they guess I am 35.

It might be related to my gray/white hairs I got around 20. Now even my beard has them. With a clean shave and good paint job maybe I can pass as 30 again.

8. shinji

shinji Guest

When i was young (like 5-6 years) people thought that i was a girl, since i had this long bright blond hair, but i guess that's not on topic.

All the way through 20-22 people though i was younger by at least 4-5 years, then i lost weight and became ugly and now they are all like "phhss nah dude you're deff 35+"... brb gonna get some ice cream.

Think that me being fat and having a "puffy" face and the inability to actually grow a beard, kind of "helped" me come off as younger. Which was not all that great in school as everyone around me was sort of making fun of the situation.

9. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. A lot. People think I'm older than my age.
    For example, my doctor asked me what year I am in college the other day.
    I'm fricking 13.

10. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me just say when you are a lot older like me, when people think I am ten years younger than I am, I am quite pleased, so it does have its advantages being mistaken for younger than you are.

11. Yosia

When i make an effort i can pass for 14 but sometimes i can pass for 18 or 19.

12. Hexagon

Yeah. I used to look older than I was. Then younger. Now I look about right, I think.

13. JessieRayne

My own little corner in my own little world
    So... my school has two separate buildings that are pretty close by.. The high school, and the middle school.. Im a senior in high school... and the office staff constantly pull me aside when i get there and go "I'm sorry hunny... I think you're in the wrong building"

Basically I look a lot younger than I am... plus being short doesnt help >~<

14. timo

Yep, all the time. Usually people think I'm younger.

Can't say I mind though :grin:

15. TheStormInside

All the time. I'm short and I dress pretty casually so people often assume I'm younger. Just after I'd graduated college I remember people asking me if I was in school, and I'd tell them "I just graduated," and they'd then ask "Are you planning to go to college?" like I meant I'd graduated high school :eusa_doh: . People still ask me if I'm "in school," at this point I assume they mean college, but yeah, nope, I finished school about 9 years ago. I don't really mind it, though, it kind of amuses me.

16. Fruit Topping

I look so young people say i could pass for a 10 year old

17. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was id carded well into my 30s.

18. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Only like a year older haha I have several friends who or like four or five years older than me haha cx but I think its because of how tall I am and I remeber when I told them how old I was haha it was pretty decent but we were at ASU I went with one of them and we were having lunch and one of them talked about going out to a club haha and they asked if I was in haha I said no I was too young so they laughed haha and they were like wait how old are you and I was like, I'm 15 they were just like what?!?! They had good reason to beleive I was older though considering we met at ASU when I went with my school haha how were they supposed to know cx

19. Litveninko

I get mistaken alot for being in junior school, thought I'm attending college. XD

20. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is the story of my life. I people think I am still in my teens when I am 23. It is bad but at stores or anywhere I guess it is a policy for them to assume your age so they don't get in trouble. I can still get booze or anything else I just show my id and they believe me than. Someone one time thought I was thirteen and I was just in horror. Trust me I don't look thirteen.