1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denial oh well

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by confusedlost, Sep 24, 2014.

1. confusedlost

confusedlost Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well im gay in denial or i guess not anymore a 22 yr old virgin just realized too but i figured i should just hook up with as many girls as i can before i cant get it up to them enjoy them and devour them for as long as i can until i have to start relationship with guys fuck it!

2. clovis

Well... I have been in denial for the last 28 years... today I came out to one friend... the first person in the world that knows I am gay... it was liberating... your time will come... you will know when you are ready... don't stress.

3. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clovis is right come out when you are ready and that is at your own pace. Good luck in the mean time.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try some 22 year old guys and see if you can still deny it. You are "devouring" innocent girls.

5. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been where you are. I'm not sure how tongue in cheek you were trying to be in your post, but actually I think as long as the casualness of the one night stand is upfront, it's ok to sleep with people of the opposite sex, even when you're trying to come out of denial. But it's not advisable. Just have sex with a guy?

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a look back through your postings on EC since 2012 and you seem stuck in this state of confusion. From what I've read, you seem to desire a relationship with a member of the opposite sex with no feelings for guys whatsoever. You believe you are trapped in a state of denial and worry that these feelings you do have for some guys could compromise a future relationship with the opposite sex or lead to the breakup of a marriage/family. Does that all sound about right?

You previously admitted to finding some guys attractive, but it makes you anxious when you think about it, whereas your attraction to the oppsite sex is something you are much more relaxed about. Even so, you can't shake off the idea that you are gay/bi. When I read more about the anxiety you experience though, it seems to be related to the idea of man/man sex, rather than man/man attraction. Would it be fair to say that you sometimes like the look of other guys, but you really don't like the idea of having sex (bottoming especially) with guys?

Maybe the best thing to do is to really focus on the feelings you have for guys and what it actually means. The reality is this, very few people are 100% straight or 100% gay (Alfred Kinsey was saying this way back in the 40's and 50's). It's entirely possible for a straight guy to recognise attractiveness in another guy, just as it's entirely possible for a gay man to recognise attractiveness in the opposite sex. I am gay, but I could very easily point out to you an attractive woman. What does that mean though? Does the fact that I can point out attractive women mean I'm not really gay? Does it shake my confidence in my sexuality? No, it doesn't, because I'm not going anywhere with it.

As I've already said, very few people can claim to be 100% one way or another. So, if you can recognise attractiveness in other guys, guess what? You are with the majority. The big question is, how strong are those feelings of attraction and how far could you imagine going with those feelings?

Only you can determine whether you are gay or bisexual - I can't tell you and nobody else can either, but I hope what I have said gives you some food for thought.

I hope you don't go out and "devour" lots of girls!

#6 PatrickUK, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014