1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Notlad, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Notlad

Should I come out? My friends have defended my sexuality for years, and I don't want to do that to them, though some of them do know. I've had a relationship with another guy, and have had things similar to those with other guys. But, sometimes I develop feelings for girls, and I rethink everything. But guys seem to be a constant and I've lost certainty sometimes. Plus I have an older brother who has came out, and I don't know how welcome a round two with my parents on that deal would be.

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Your decision. That isn't something we can decide for you. That being said, you put your orientation down as "questioning", and it seems like you're asking about coming out as gay specifically. Because of that, I think you need to figure out what you want to consider yourself first.

3. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please give yourself time. You do not have to have answers sorted out right now. Follow your feelings. If you meet a nice girl and want to go out with her do so, but if you meet a guy that attracts you go with him and see where it ends up. To take a risk is human and we do not have any promise that we will never be hurt, but all love is a risk

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Come out after you are sure what your orientation is; meanwhile experiment and try to figure it out. Your brother's experience should not affect what you need to do. Since your brother has already come out, you parents should not be surprised and should be able to handle it when you are ready, if they haven't already figured it out by then all by themselves.

5. Notlad

I'm thinking maybe I should just leave it with close friends and potential suitors for now. I don't want to rush it or botch the whole thing.

6. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry man I just call myself bi. You don't need to be one or the other if you are also romantically fond of girls :slight_smile:

7. Notlad

Thanks guys. I stumbled on this website on Google and was hoping that I could find help. I've decided to lay low and just do me. The question has been bigger on my mind as I've been without a relationship or any interests.