1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite & Least Favorite Month & Why

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Incognito10, Sep 23, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Favourite is January because of my Birthday.
    August because it's the Holidays and that gives plenty of time for my parents to get at me.

2. One Man Army

Favourite month is July. It's usually warm and sunny, and it's one of the best months for insect spotting. August is good too but I don't like the fact that the days get shorter.

Least favourite month is November. It's the start of winter, but too early for Christmas. It's often foggy, rainy, bleak and dark and you know there's a long winter ahead of you.

3. DMark69

February used to be one of my favorite months, I left the US Army on February 26 2001. Just 4 years later however, I lost my Mother to ovarian cancer on February 26, 2005. April is kind of a downer too since I lost my Father on April 20, 2012...

As far as favorites I have things I like to do in all weathers, so I don't know that any of the months really stand out as favorites.

4. TurtleCat

Favorite Month: I'd have to say December. I love the holidays, the cold weather, and the general atmosphere around that time. It brings back fond memories of my childhood.

Least Favorite Month: Probably July or August. I'm not keen on the summer months because I hate the heat.

5. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Favorite Month: It would be October oddly enough. The workflow is nice and there's usually a bunch of interesting events going on (although the good ones are in August and September). Plus it's the perfect picture of Autumn.

July is close since it's my birth month and when I just get to relax and do what I want. But I usually don't have many people outside of family to hang with. Hoping to change that though for when July rolls around again.

Least Favorite: January since it's in the middle of winter and doesn't have much going on for me. Plus that's when the big projects start coming around. It's also during January when if I feel down, I really feel down.

6. Formality

Least favourite is April. I hate seeing the snow melt and the ugly brown grass sticking up and the gravel that literally is EVERYWHERE. On the grass, on the roads, in my face when I try to skateboard and fall to my death thanks to the tiny malicious rock stuck under the wheel. This was also the month I slipped while running and ripped open my knee, once again thanks to gravel. Also just knowing that there won't be any skiing for another 6 months is just pure torture. And even when you still can ski it's in the worst and best conditions. One day can be so shitty with buttery snow and everything wet from rain and sweat. The other day can be sunny, perfect temperature and with perfectly rock hard icy
    slopes. This^ bipolarness mother nature exhibit is also a kind of torture.

January is pretty horrible as well because we get like 3 very unsatisfactory hours of sunlight per day here in the north pole. And it's obnoxiously cold, like <-30 C (no joke). Try skiing downhill in that, your face will get so crisp it'll fall off. But at least there is snow which is always a plusplus!

The best is probably Mars I'd say. It's cold but it's a cold I can deal with. It's less dark outside and the skiing is usually pretty sweet at this time. Only con is it's over way too fast.

I also enjoy september/october when the huge blackberry bush in our garden is full of sweetness. The leaves turning colour slowly, 'ohh, the applepies!' and when the warm cozy sweaters once again become wearable.

7. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

July, beginning of summer. I hated September, due to school, I guess its ok now though.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Favorite- June. Finally, no school! ^.^
    Least Favorite- August. Back in school, ugh~. >.<

Lol.

9. Candace

Favorite--May
    Least Favorite--February

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Longstanding favorite month is October. I just *love* Autumn, and that's when it gets serious! I also love winter; and Halloween (in addition to just being awesome in and of itself) marks the real beginning of that.

My longstanding least-favorite month is August. Blech. Hot. Humid. Basically, the worst of what Summer has to offer. And I'm still somewhat effected/traumatized from my school days...when August came, you knew summer vacation was over and school would start soon. Basically, there is nothing good about this month. For every other month I can find *something* nice to say about it...for August...meh.

11. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Favourite: October - Autumn is my favourite season, and it's very beautiful. I also looooove Halloween.

Least Favourite: May - I'm getting done with school, and ready for it to be over, and it's also getting hot. So very very hot.

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Favorites:
    June--my birthday, my sister's birthday, and Father's Day are all close together, so it's a good time for me to go home and see family. Plus it's the summer so it's easier to take a vacation then.
    October--cool fall weather, pumpkin beer, perfect weather to make soup and stew, NHL season begins, MLB playoffs, football, Halloween costumes, not yet icy on the roads, cute preppy guys begin to bust out the winter clothes

Least favorite:
    February--cold, Valentine's Day (maybe it'll be different this year since I've got a bf but I've always hated it), boring period between Super Bowl and NCAA tournament, winter break seems like a distant memory, ice on roads

13. Blossom85

Favorite Month
    June as it is my birth month and I just love when you get to June, you know there is still 6 months of the year left.. It is getting into the colder months and as much as cold weather annoys me, I do like snuggling up in my warm Jammie's and in my warm bed with a hot chocolate and watch tv and read a book.

Least Favorite Month
    I don't think I really have a least favorite month to be honest.. The only reason I could come up with any would be February mainly cause there is so much emphasis on love and relationships and I think as cute as Valentines day is, some people do all their loving stuff on that one day and just forget about showering their other half with love and gifts the rest of the year. If you are in a relationship, you shouldn't just dedicate Valentines to show your love, it should be shown every day of the year.

14. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like December the best, because I love winter weather, Christmas spirit (even though I'm not religious; I just treat it like Thanksgiving and feel grateful for my life), and anticipation of my birthday, which is in January. Also, we get two weeks off of school for Christmas break. :grin: One of the best feelings ever is watching Christmas shows with classmates on the last day of school before Christmas break starts, and then finally being able to go home for two weeks.

Least favorite is either March, April, or May, because I hate spring weather (muggy, rainy, and brings on the allergies), am really stressed out around that time because school is the toughest then and piano competitions start and track state competitions are around then as well.

15. Tokumei

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Favorite : December ! Winter is my favorite season (Yeah I live in Quebec and absolutely LOVE snow, even if I almost got stuck at school at 23:00 because the car didn't want to move because of the snow). I also love Christmas ! I get to see my family. I only see them during that time and sometimes in the summer.

Least favorite : Hum... Maybe april, because the snow starts to melt D: It just leaves water puddles everywhere.

16. black-cat

My favourite is probably April or May, it is spring, the weather is fairly warm, the flowers are out, the birds are singing and it is generally lovely.

My least favourite is probably December, it is my mother's birthday in December which I love, but I generally don't like winter, christmas time, or new year, hahha.

17. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love November &December birthday and getting ready for Christmas I dread January because am broke happens every year without fail .

18. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    September is both my favorite and least favorite month. On one hand TV shows come back from hiatus but on the other hand there's so many spiders... D:

19. rmds

Favorites: December, June

Least: February, October

20. Beetle

Favorite: October...perfect weather. Comfortably cold and not bitter cold. The leaves are the prettiest. Halloween. Cozy feeling.

Least favorite: Hrmmm...February? March? When it's cold but the snow is all gross slush. Or any of the summer months...I hate humidity and heat. Spring is pretty bad too with my allergies, I wind up sneezing non-stop.