Should i come out to my crush?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iHeartYouu, Sep 19, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

I have a lesbian crush on a girl for two years already. I dont even know if she's lesbian or straight. She do point out hot guys on the street, she even watches gay youtubers, and she retweets lesbian marriages on twitter. Well, lesbian relationships in my school is pretty common. Just that the school doesn't allow it. I read it on her blog that she wants to see someone in school. That she was so close to seeing her. I'm guessing is her crush but I'm not sure. It's definetely not me as we are both in the same class and she sees me everyday.
    We are both in the same school for primary to secondary. Both is an ALL girls school. I only know her when I'm 13, and had a crush on her ever since. I'm 15 now. I know that she only sees me as a friend. But we had been flirting for the past few months, and even had lots of physical contact. It really left me hanging. The first week she found out that I liked her and though I'm still denying it, she avoids me. Its better now. But our play fights and flirting stopped. We became awkward. It kind of hurts. I know she won't like me but should I come out to her and let her know and confirm her suspicions? Any advices on this? I know I should get her off my mind but she sits infront of me during classes which is really impossible

2. gutsrie

It's hard when your hearts fluttering with feelings for someone else. But if you plan to keep her around as a friend, maybe it's best to come out. Don't tell her you like her, just say, yeah, I'm a lesbian. She might be perfectly fine with it. (Though that doesn't seem to be the case with her avoiding you.) But honestly, it may be better to go through the pain of losing her now as a friend then going through an inevitably, doomed friendship which will hurt even more in the long run.

Then again, consider if she might use this against you. How good of friends are you? Would she keep your secret even if things don't work out?

Best of luck.

#2 gutsrie, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  3. iHeartYouu

I'm sure she will keep it as a secret.. I'm not sure. She asked me if I'm a lesbian before when she is trying to find out the person who I like was. I quickly changed the subject as I'm afraid she might feel disgusted.. I'm at a loss

4. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I personally don't think you should tell her that you like her since it could possibly ruin your friendship with her. Even if she, herself is into girls, we really don't know if it is you. I would suggest that you let her know that you are a lesbian. Don't just go up t her and tell her. When the moment presents itself, don't shy away, just let her know. If she scorns you because of it and cuts you off completely then you know right there, she isn't into you. We can only hope and pray that she is into you though. I wish you luck.

Ps. If you need someone to talk to, i'll be right here.

5. iHeartYouu

I should have told her I am when she asked me.. I will take note of your advice and thank you :slight_smile:

6. Ex Ponto

I agree with gutsrie. If she's avoiding you then coming out to her probably won't change anything in her behaviour, and since you're interested in being more than friends maybe it will be better just to let go.

7. iHeartYouu

I have been thinking about letting go., I just don't know how am I suppose to do this. I had a crush on her for two years, I have been having the mindset of loving her all the while, now I have to let her go because I know its impossible between us. I see her everyday in school, and we have a few more weeks before this term ends, and theres a two month holiday. Next year I will get to see her everyday again and some lessons we will be sitting together. I know I need to cut off all contacts and distant myself from her but its too hard. Every time I see her getting close with someone else just kills me a little.

8. Ex Ponto

I know and understand. Not being with someone you love is always difficult.

Maybe the key is in finding someone else with whom you will forget her so that seeing her will not impact you like now does.

When I was in high school, I also had a crush on one of my friends. We were sitting together all the time, but eventually he got distant and cold. It really hurt to be apart from him, but I got over it in time. However, we went to different colleges and it sorted out by itself.

If I had found someone else I would have sooner forgotten him. But sometimes all you can do is just try to be occupied with different things and letting time do the job for you. Some relationships are not meant to be, and those that are will come to you when it is their time. :slight_smile:

I hope I helped a bit. :slight_smile:

9. oscarneedslove

Almost all closeted gay/bi/lesbians have experienced this in their life i guess. It hurts so badly and I know how you feel. Sometimes you just want to be around him/her and it hurts every single moment. don't worry we all have/had the same feeling.(*hug*)(*hug*)

10. iHeartYouu

Really thankful for both of your advice, but there isnt any body else who caught my attention like how that girl caught mine.. We went running together twice this week plus another friend, we talked abit only, because we both were fast and reached our destination first. If not, I don't know if we will even talk. We used to play fights every free time we had. But now I see her with another girl playing and it hurts like hell. That should be me. I blame myself because of my own carelessness she found out that I eyecandy her (im still denying) so she avoided me. It just hurts. I can't even look at her in the eye when we talk, because I'm afraid that she will know the truth.