1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mega Man

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kaiser, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Anybody else a fan of the Mega Man games? Or have you played them? If so, which ones are your favorites? Do you have any favorite Robot Masters?

I've recently been replaying Mega Man 3 & 4, which were originally for the Nintendo Entertainment System, via an emulator. It's been a few years, but the games are what I remember, and they are fairly enjoyable. Another favorite of mine, which came years later, was Mega Man X for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

2. Benway

Benway Guest

I like Mega Man Legends!

I'm still waiting for the third one.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I stopped playing the series, a little after X. I've heard talk of the newer games, but never got around to playing them. I'm kind of on the fence about it.

I guess I'm just more old school, when it comes to Mega Man.

What'd you think of Mega Man Legends, Benway?

4. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I played pretty much all the non game boy ones from the old series and almost all the x, as well as some of the later ones. I did not think much of Legends as it was so different.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Why is that, Kai LD? I've never played Legends, so hearing your opinion would be beneficial.

Do you have any favorite things about the older series?

6. Night Rain

Mega Man (Rockman) X4 no doubt! I enjoyed collecting all the secret upgrades. There was no walkthrough or guide for me back then. Discovering a secret path was the best feeling ever!

7. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Played most of the classic, X, and Zero series, as well as the first Legends and ZX games. Never played the battle network ones or the other subseries they did, the name escapes me. I liked Legends, but going back and playing it now the controls feel pretty clunky (I've heard the second one was an all-around improvement on the first). ZX was pretty much Mega Man Zero with different characters and frustrating navigation with a useless map.

A few random notes...best music in the franchise? MMX4 thru 6. A lot of people seem to prefer the music of the first three X games but most of those sound too much like overly busy and wanky rawk to me.

Fuck Quick Man. And Burner Man. And Crash Man.

You'd think I'd be excited for Mighty No. 9, but I'm not...I'm all Mega Man'd out now.

Last note...Mega Man games have had some of the most lovably godawful voice acting ever.

[youtube]9OVv-J-LXQU[/youtube]

8. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a huge Megaman fan :3 I especially love the X series~!

9. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I've played megaman blue ray and it was super fun. I would like to play more of them.

10. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Legends was 3d and wasn't the the same Mega Man story-wise... Wasn't into it.

Original Mega Man games required a rhythm of play that rewarded timing and a certain kind of elegance to avoid damage and win fights. This was appealing.
    Mega Man X required a kind of aggressiveness combined with confidence and timing that sped the game up but made for a rewarding session if you mastered the control scheme. Everything was faster and more stop-go but I felt like both games played well had you 'dance' the character to victory. I don't know if the answer made a lot of sense...

11. AsheTheHuman

I've played the entirety of the Classic series, X1, all of Z and ZX, but I have yet to play the Legends games. I was introduced to the series through the Zero Collection on the DS, and then the Classic Collection on the GameCube. My favorite games are Classic 6, Zero 3, and ZX1. Can't really have an opinion on the X or Legends sub franchise though, and I've never played any of the non-canonical spin-offs like Battle Network, Star Force, etc. Right now I'm trying to hunt down a copy of the MMX Collection for GameCube and the Legends games. Apparently Capcom managed to lose the rights to the voice acting and that's why the Legends games aren't on the PSN or I'd just get them there. Also, he plays fantastically in Smash Bros. I've played WAY too much of just that little demo...

12. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Makes sense to me. For many of them there was certain choreography to it. After 54395843765 attempts I could do some of those levels in my sleep. But I will say Legends had a similar quality during some boss fights, especially the last boss, even though it was projected into three dimensions and was a bit slower. But yeah in most ways it's a profoundly different experience

13. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I FUCKING LOVE Mega Man! Those games are fricken sweet. Well, most of them, (Mega Man Soccer, I'm looking at you, you piece of pure shite.)

Seriously, why did they even think a Mega Man sports game was a good idea?!

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My favorite Mega Man introduction, would have to be Mega Man 4's:

[YOUTUBE]HSnrXmvu82w[/YOUTUBE]

The part at 1:35, where Mega Man is on the train, is some fantastic music, for the 8-bit era. Also, come on, his hair is flapping in the wind, as he stares out ahead of him. That's so 1980s hero-like...

My favorite game would have to be Mega Man 3, for the Robot Masters, but I think 4 is better, mostly due to the fact, you have the Mega Buster/Blaster, on top of the other stuff, which would have been incredible in 3. Other than that, 3, is probably the epitome of a Mega Man game, to me.

My favorite Mega Man 3 Robot Masters (with their stage/level music):

Snake Man
    Top Man
    Hard Man

Yes, his name is Hard Man. Even as a kid, I used to call him...

Dear Lord, I can't believe I'm about to admit this...

I used to call him, even as a kid... Rock Hard Man.

LOL.

15. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  16. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Don't forget Flash Man...

[​IMG]

Or Wood Man (according to a quick google search, no one in the universe except me was immature enough to actually make that connection)