1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sims 4?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thekillingmoon, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree with not trusting reviews. However, I've come to learn to not trust only reviews from big names. GameStop, IGN etc. You can't trust these major players with reviews.

But reviews by those two I mentioned are very trustworthy, I can guarantee. Totalbiscuit plays through the game on-video, and Yahtzee prefers, and so do viewers, his animation/metaphor approach of post-game reviews.

The main difference between these two and big players, is they give solid reasoning for their answers, TB focusing on technical aspects, while YC focusing on actual gameplay. And it's not arbitrated to a star system.

Lets plays are a good, solid indicator too. But, they tend to come later, and usually focus on the more casual games. It's not quite the cure-all answer for game reviews. LP games tend to have either a multiplayer, creative-driven or story-driven format.

Do at least have a look at both of their video histories. You'll see from the formats exactly why so many trust them ^^

#41 Kizz, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. thekillingmoon

I heard sims 4 is better optimized for a laptop than sims 3. I also have a laptop and can't afford a better computer right now. So that's promising. Of course, the graphics might be lacking in laptop mode, still I'm glad they're trying to make a game that is less demanding of a good computer.

3. White Knight

I never played Sims 3 with many expansions but from what I heard from different forums, it is open world and clunky tech makes it hard to run even on decent machines.

This is why Sims 4 have loading screen for nearly everything. Worst part those loading times are not cut from game, so while you are looking blankly at plumbob your guys in game doing somethings... even might be killing themselves. :/

4. lukeluvznicki13

I'm going to wait a bit before I consider getting it.

5. Comicbookgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got Sims 4, and while I miss some features that Sims 3 had (like being able to select and make colors for everything), it makes up for that with a more simplified way to play. The new interface takes getting used to, but once you do, it's like a relief! You do not have to dig through menus to find things, anymore, it has a smarter search, there is the right amount of content (with EA offering pools and more features for free in patches... not expansions, but free with patches!), and you can change your aspirations whenever you feel like it.

I have been playing Sims since the first game, and this one honestly feels like they took the beast features from Sims 2 and 3, and made them into a game. It is not as buggy as Sims 3 (I have only run into one bug, and it did not crash or ruin my game like the Sims 3: World Adventures Bug). It does not feel too overwhelming, and the customization for how your Sims look is wonderful! I love being able to choose their walking style, and how Sim emotions can help you accomplish more within the game.

6. White Knight

Yeah I keep seeing new clothes every now and then.

Also swimming pools will be in game with November free update according to Simswiki.

I am cooling down from my lineage craze. Now set life time to max and focusing on two families to get them top of their careers.

7. forget me knots

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope microsoft doesn't do the same with minecraft....

8. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Minecraft is already on its way out. I'm surprised there is still a community to speak of. It's virtually unheard of to have an extremely popular game have a huge dedicated fanbase for three years.

(Not to be confused with companies having a fanbase, such as VALVe.)

Still, yeah. EA is killing all their games just to make money. Throwing titles under the bus for a quick payout. This is why there won their award for worst company in America, what, three times now?

9. RainDreamer

The Sim4 is a DLC delivery platform for an insane amount of money.
    The small improvement they made is not worth it for the things they took away.

10. Mangaholic

Mangaholic Guest

Nostalgia anyone? Remember the days of this amazing game....
    [YOUTUBE]399YneFTwh0[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]SP4_Oz1U-NI[/YOUTUBE]

#50 Mangaholic, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  11. MeSoFly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They are bringing back swimming pools in the nov update.

12. Bzrk

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it's getting better the more mods I use to be honest.

13. ConfuseCupcake49

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But which one is better, Sims 3 or Sims 4?

14. White Knight

Sims games gets better with each new expansion unfortunately. As the Sims 4 is fairly new, for now Sims 3 have longer enjoyment offer with expansions like to the Future, Supernatural or World Adventures.

One factor to decide which one is better for you might be your PC configuration as with open world design the Sims 3 works sluggish even on high end machines (at least that is what I heard, never have all expansions of it). The Sims 4 have divided world and good portion of loading screens but I heard even the oldish machines runs it okay.