1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossdressing, anyone?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by transnerd, Sep 12, 2014.

1. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Confession:

So I snuck into my wife's drawers today... I've never thought I was very attracted to the idea that I would crossdress--especially because I'm still physically a male--until after transitioning (and even then, who knows? Dress has never been that important to me as just trying to find ME)...

But damn! I just kept finding stuff and putting it on. And I liked it. Womens' clothes are so much more comfortable than men's. Seriously, what's up with that?

It felt like stress relief. I mixed and matched some things, spent some time in front of the mirror, etc. I felt great. Yeah I know that anyone else might look and think I was joking, but I was serious and it felt good. I don't think I looked half bad either, so that's saying something.

Of course, if a certain someone had come home in the middle of things, I'd be telling a different story. That's a different story and a different conversation. :frowning2:

Anyone else have a similar story? Did you not like the idea of crossdressing until you tried it?

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i hear you. ive been dressing off and on since i was a teen.. mostly off but since the split i have as much as i can, as a single parent. but vintage stores can be your friend.. i want to try makeup but im afraid i will look like a clown and be too afraid to try again...

3. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definately! When I was younger pretty much all I wore were the "other gender's" clothes and even after that I was obsessed with the idea of crossdressing. School dress-up days, halloween, thrift stores, I was always looking for an excuse to dress like a dude. Totally normal, but a bit inconvenient if you don't want to be found out.

4. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess I was so surprised at myself, but then I realized how much I like it.

5. DominoSuis

well... for the most part, I feel like a female (note I didn't say 'woman' specifically, or 'girl'), but a very boyish one. I've dressed up on occasion in guy's clothes and it feels kinda cool, actually.

Then again whenever I dress up SUPER 'girly' I feel like I'm doing the same thing...

6. ThePrideInside4

Well, one time I was staying at a family member's home and I ran out of clean skinny jeans to wear, so I "borrowed" my little brother's basketball shorts. As soon as I got them on, I looked in the mirror. I thought I could pass as a boy if I threw on an oversized T-shirt and put my hair up in a hat. But I didn't expect it to go the way it had. I wasn't a girl anymore. I was playing the "role" of a brother, not a sister borrowing clothes.
    When I got home, I begged my mother to buy me some basketball shorts from the boy aisle. I didn't want to buy look-alike shorts from the girl aisle. I wanted to shop as a boy. She then asked "why do you want to dress like a boy?" In a stern, strict tone. I lied, "it's just comfortable", and shrugged. I could see she wasn't entirely convinced, but that was that.
    Then I cut my hair to look more like a boy. I told my mom, "it's just a women's pixie cut with side-swept bangs in the front". She didn't care if I wanted to look like a boy or not, but she loved the idea. And I started wearing unisex clothing, then men's clothing. So now, it's hard for anyone at school to know if I'm a boy or a girl. They usually just tell themselves, "she's a girl, but she's a freak". I mean, 97% of my appearance is male. The other 3% is my make-up, my cursedly feminine face, and my perfume, even though I think it smells more of cologne than perfume. I think my mom know I'm a crossdresser, but she doesn't know I'm genderfluid.

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't crossdress considering I identify as female.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol... I guess that's true...

But in reference to the op, she being a trans female referring to wearing dresses and such is NOT crossdressing

10. Nara

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I used to cross dress when i was younger. I don't anymore but I wish I could, my mom won't let me but I probably will when I live on my own.

11. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are a few threads on FtM dressing...
    you might look for unisex clothes...

12. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. Since I identify as closer to male on the spectrum, I don't consider wearing guy's clothes crossdressing.

But I do enjoy crossdressing. :shrug: Dresses are comfy. :rolle: :icon_cool

13. YourSoThirsty

I wear female panties. So much more comfortable. Getting them at 14 though was kinda weird. I walked a couple twpowns away needless to say lol cashier was so confused (I)

14. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, sure.

I like to wear summer dresses. I just don't want to wear them as a girl. I want to wear them as a boy.

I don't know. I have a thing for guys in dresses. They're cute.

Imagine, my wedding, I may have a husband and we will both be in bridal gowns. That's the cutest fucking shit ever

15. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe I shouldn't have used the term "crossdress"--as I do feel female, but I'm not at all out. I don't know what else to call it right now. Maybe: "Wearing clothes my body wasn't made for, but my mind was"... or something?

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just saying that... You shouldn't feel ashamed. For one, since you identify as female, it's not. Second, even if you considered yourself cis, what does it matter in reality? Clothes are clothes.

And technically ningyo called me out on it.

I have to wear a shirt and tie and such to work... So I guess I do crossdress. But it's more of a uniform I look at as.

17. JustJJx

I guess the term cross dressing is hard to shake, but we know what you mean!
    I have some female clothes, scared shitless to wear them out of my room but yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the responses everyone, I love EC, because it tells me at the end of the day, that I'm not so alone in all this. :slight_smile:

19. Sorceress of Az

Well, I don't know, if my body is male and I feel female does that make it crossdressing or not?