1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... How Do I Find People?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by XVI, Sep 8, 2014.

1. XVI

XVI

I acknowledged the fact that I was gay a little over two years ago, but I've only just started thinking about having a relationship with another guy, and more specifically; How to find said guy. :dry:

This has me frustrated. :bang: I could really use someone else in my life, because as it stands I have nothing to live for. I've got college for half of the week, and until I get a job all I have is video games. All my friends have gone off to university.

Having someone else in my life means I'd have something to look forward to when coming home from college, and someone to work for when I get a job. Heck, if they're into video games too, then I'll have someone to play with! (*hug*)

I don't want to put it out there that I'm gay (only my closest friends and family know), so that rules out:

• Dating sites
    • Social networks
    • Word of mouth
    How am I supposed to find a partner without telling people? Am I just supposed to get lucky? :grin: How did you find your partner(s), if any? :help:

#1 XVI, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. etcetera

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Kinda a tough one. I went to Dublin pride and a few gay bars with some gay friends a few times, and my family dosn't know yet. That being said, we live an hour outside of the city, so no one will really be able to figure it out. If you want to network with gay people, you could try going a bit further away. There are probably a few resource centres you could check out in a city or town that's an hour or so away. Mind you, you could end up in a long distance relationship, which is apparently not fun.