1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Silver Springs

Hi!
    I only read the first page and the last page, I was eager just to post something. God loves you. He loves you more than you can imagine. And I don't think he would want you to change anything about you at all. Why would he? You're made in His image! He made you perfect!

Your parents can't change you. How could they, when God made you just the way you are, and loves you! Jesus didn't die a horrible death on the cross so that your parents could treat you with hate and unkindness. I am sorry for what you're going through. I'll pray for you, and your parents, that they might become true Christians. I'm just going to leave you with a very special section of Scripture. It has helped me through the worst parts of my life.

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the LORD, who is my refuge-- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

There is a hymn, On Eagles Wings, that is written about this Psalm. It brings me to tears every time I listen to it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4rRea9qnjK4

Good luck, and God Bless You.

2. Really

Hey. Where are you? I hope you're all right.

It's blatantly obvious you're having a terrible time of things and I'm going to suggest something which won't be popular but I think all of us out here are feeling kind of desperate for you so maybe my crackpot idea is something you think you could do.

Ok, here goes. Your parents think you're a boy, right? Do you think they would ease up if you were? As abhorant as it is to you, do you think you could "disguise" yourself as a boy, suggest you'd like to work (more) in an effort to be a productive member of the household and go to church (I'm guessing they want that) where you will simply sit and dream of the fabulous art you're going to create or suchlike.

If this ruse can even possibly work, I'm hoping they will be fooled and you will get a chance to get out, meet others, earn some money and gain the strength needed to help yourself just enough until you can find someone to help you in real life.

Also, could you post back with how you're feeling on a scale of 1-10 where 1=how you felt when this thread started and 10=well, better, of course.

3. Holly82

Hey, artist! :slight_smile: How are you doing today?

4. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno. I couldn't handle the pain and wound up cutting myself even though I promised my friend that I wouldn't. Honestly, if it wasn't for my passion for football, and getting to go to a game, I would've killed myself. Still feel like it. Im pretty much dead anyway, my body's just still walking around, but my heart and soul are just completely gone cause of all this.

5. Jim1454

I find it interesting that you have responded to almost every post that people have made in this thread except for mine. So I'll post it again.

You are 22 years old. You have worked. You say that you have your own business. But you are unable to develop a plan to get out of town other than walking 200 miles? Seems silly.

Do you have any other living relative that you could get in touch with? Have you attempted to call a shelter in Atlanta? What are you doing for yourself?

As for your antidepressant medication, if the one you're on isn't working, you move on to another one. If your doctor isn't aware that it isn't working then they don't know that it needs to be changed. When was the last time you visited with the doctor who prescribed your medication?

6. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, I thought I responded. I am getting pay, but its not steady enough to move out, and Im just trying to get one client who will want more than one job instead of just one commission. And yeah, I cant afford a vehicle, but staying here is killing me. No other relatives would accept me. Atlanta is waaay too far away. The only thing I can do to remain sane is to cut myself to release emotions. We've tried a lot of different medicine. Its not really medicine though. Its just family thats ripping me apart. Once/if I can ever move out, it will be fine.

7. Jim1454

Well you still haven't answered my questions. When did you see your doctor last? Do they know that the meds clearly aren't working? And there are absolutely no people anywhere in the country that you could reach out to to explain what's going on and ask for help? Have you called any organizations who could offer some advice? You don't have to go to Atlanta to talk to someone in Atlanta.

8. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I talked to my doctor last wednesday. She knows they aren't working and they upped my dose. I've contacted a lot of people, including people in ATL. But theres not really anything they could do since I don't live there. Every organization tells me to get out of the house, but it's not that easy.

---------- Post added 6th Sep 2014 at 12:08 PM ----------

I talked to my doctor last wednesday. She knows they aren't working and they upped my dose. I've contacted a lot of people, including people in ATL. But theres not really anything they could do since I don't live there. Every organization tells me to get out of the house, and move in with someone but it's not that easy.