1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Harry Potter fans here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Randomcloud, Aug 30, 2014.

1. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    lol because it's "cooler" to say you're a gryffindor or a slytherin than to say you're a hufflepuff or ravenclaw.

that said, i'm a hufflepuff.

2. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Love HP! Still waiting for my Hogwarts letter... Eroll must be delivering it. Was I the only one who thought that Hermione was too good for Ron? I really wanted Harry and Luna to end up together.
    I took the sorting test when the first movie came out but don't remember what I got. I like to think I'm a Gryffindor. Hermione is my favourite character.

#22 XenaxGabby, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No to the first, and yes to the second! Hermione was a catch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and Harry and Luna would have made the sweetest couple ever.

4. Ivysaur

I'm a Ravenclaw. :slight_smile:

No to the first. Only yes to the second in the movies. Ginny was so well-developed in the books that she and Harry were perfect. In the movies, though, she was just weak and not as strong and independent as she should've been.

5. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I just thought it was weird that Harry married his best friend's sister. I understand why JKR did that. So the three mains could be related (by marriage).

6. Randomcloud

Good to see so many Potterheads here! :smilewave

To address some comments above, apparently your house isn't entirely about what traits you already possess but rather, traits you admire and/or wish to have (for example, I aim to be more ambitious). So I guess what we want has some influence over the house we are sorted into. An example is with Harry who the Hat wanted to put into Slytherin until he insisted that wasn't what he wanted.

Btw I too find it annoying how Slytherin is "the evil house". I really wish Slytherins were portrayed in a less biased light- JKR could have at least had /some/ Slytherins fight in the Battle Of Hogwarts instead of every single one of them fleeing. Apparently, Slytherins are resourceful so they could have stealthily returned with help? And the only "good" Slytherin characters portrayed in the books are Regulus Black, Snape and Andromeda- two of the three who don't even make an appearance.

7. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm possibly the biggest potterhead ever... Hufflepride :slight_smile: And I agree with the person above, I hate how Slytherin are "evil", Hufflepuff are "useless idiots", Ravenclaw are "Nerds" and Gryffindors are "the only good house". Really?! Every house can be brave, every house can be cowardly, every house can be clever, every house can be not so clever. Don't stereotype!

8. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yess Harry Potter. I read all seven books (Deathly Hallows the day it came out) and have seen all eight movies. The first three books are on my shelf at the moment because I'm well overdue for a reread. I was Ravenclaw before Pottermore was a thing and got sorted into it on there as well.

I get annoyed by any house bashing (particularly Hufflepuff), but I'd like to point out that Salazar Slytherin wasn't a good guy. Of course he would be drawn to choosing people who would go on to be like him--evil. That being said, not all Death Eaters were Slytherins. Look at Wormtail. And not all Slytherins are evil.

9. Gen

Gen

Slytherin for life.

Not only am I obsessed with the color green, but Snape and Bellatrix were always my favorite characters. Everyone used to judge my appreciation for Snape before the final book/movie came out, but I feel that the foreshadowing of his true nature was ridiculously blatant within both the book and film series. People still judge my love for Bellatrix, but I feel that is their own flaw for not being able to appreciate a good villain. Bellatrix was one of the best forms of comic relief in the entire series for me and Helena Bonham Carter only made me love her more.

10. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Do tell... What is Snape's "true nature" ??? As far as I'm concerned he's still a terrible person.

11. Gen

Gen

I typed out an in-depth response to this and the page refreshed.

Long story short, Snape's nature is neither good nor purely evil. He is easily the most realistically written character as his actions, emotions, and desires are all results how his past experiences have influenced him. It is even explicitly explained in the books that the only thing that separates Harry from his enemies is that he is surrounded by a vast network of people who love and adore him. Without the existence of that network he would not be the shining hero that he is made out to be.

If my appreciation for characters was based on how I would feel about their actions in the context of the real world, than I wouldn't adore Bellatrix nearly as much as I do. I respected Snape and expected something more to come of his character from the first book because, although it was clear that he was a troubled individual and his actions aren't always the most noble, he still spared Harry's life when he had little obligation.

12. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm slytherin and proud :grin:

13. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I fangirled hard when i saw this thread! yay! I'm such a hardcore HP fan, so far I've gone through the books a couple of times (audiobooks!). I love them so much, wish I could've gone to Hogwarts... But oh well. I haven't done the Pottermore thing, mostly because I don't think I have time--but if I had to guess, I'd probably be in Ravenclaw. :slight_smile:

14. akfabulo

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yup, Slytherin here!

15. Cerith23

Pottermore sorted me into Gryffindor. I'm not cunning enough for Slytherin, good enough for Hufflepuff, or knowledge-hungry for Ravenclaw. However, I have always felt the need to prove myself and push past my fear, and I can see some resemblance to Gryffindor qualities in that. I would like to be brave, determined and honourable.

16. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am as well a Slytherin because I am ambitious and also resourceful in situations.

17. Randomcloud

I loved the audiobooks! :slight_smile: Also, the quiz doesn't take too long- you don't have to sign up to the actual website, this has all the original questions Pottermore Sorting Hat Quiz

18. lukeluvznicki13

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :d

19. Mysz

Ooo... ouch. My deepest sympathies- and agreement with your long story short.

Also a strong HP fan, though I don't like to advertise it because I've seen too much bad fanfiction during my HP literary withdrawal to be very vocal about being one :icon_wink
    That being said... I do have certain ships :lol:

20. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, didn't know that. Now I'm gonna have to take it. :slight_smile: Thanks.

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2014 at 10:43 PM ----------

Just took the quiz... and as suspected, Ravenclaw. :slight_smile: