1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Parents Disown Teen, Internet To The Rescue

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Geek, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That video was very hard to watch. I actually felt sick to my stomach.

I hope my parents react better on the day I come out.

2. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think there ought to be some kind of licensing system in place, by which, in order to have children, you have to prove you are a decent human being first.

3. SeaSalt

There is, Its called adoption. Sadly it only applies to people who want children but cant have them, and half the time the wrong people end up with kids and the right people dont.

4. Beetle

Saw this a few days ago, was super hard to watch. Hope he does ok and stays away from that toxic family of his for good. Sad that some people care more about their magical invisible man in the sky more than their own kids.

5. Omg that made me sick

6. Ivysaur

So hard to watch. Really hope my parents don't react in this way.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Religious fanatics. Research. I'm sorry for boiling down your entire paragraph into one word, but the people in question are so base and ironically beyond redemption* that it's folly to consider they would learn about something they have been bred to reject on purpose.

*Not everyone with such beliefs is beyond saving, but I imagine most are. It was extremely creepy to see the parents' veneer of "we love and support you" fail to hide the icy rejection they have no problem keeping up forever. These people do not know God.

8. David7991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hahah, It's fine that you shortened my argument. It's also amazing how much religious (and some non-religious) people can go to find proof that being gay etc. is BAD / a choice. For example, I actually walked in on someone watching a Russian propaganda documentary on how all gay people are horrible, addicted to drugs, rebellious, SATANISTS etc. I felt like laughing because it was so ridiculous but at the same time I was disgusted because it's amazing how far people can go to try and prove their stupid point and brainwash other people.

Also yeah they totally have no idea who God is, the amount of discrimination and rejection that boy was put through in those few minutes probably could've broken someone else in his position to the point of suicide. They're horrible people. :dry:

Yes. I was actually trying to find a comment that defended LGBT people and there were only a few compared to the mound of hate comments, and I actually had to pry myself away from the comments because I was getting so angry and sad.

#48 David7991, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    for them to disown him that fast shows they truly didn't love him in the first place .

10. David7991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's what I thought, isn't a parents love supposed to be unconditional? You see parents all over the world who would give up their own lives for their children because they love them so much, but this guy's family chose their religion over him.... what kind of love is that. :dry:

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Religious extremists are so damn selfish. This disgusts me.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's not love that's for sure .

13. KissTheGirl

Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't understand people like that. I really don't. They say all these things about religion and God and Jesus and whatnot, when that's not exactly the idea behind religion. I never really went to church or anything or studied Christianity but from what I gather it's supposed to teach you things, like how to be accepting and kind towards others. And would someone who spent their life trying to teach people to be kind to one another want people to throw their children out and beat them for who they are?

That's the other thing I don't get. How can someone do such a thing to their child? Just because there's a side to them that you didn't know about? I just don't understand how someone could do that to their kid? I don't know, maybe I was just raised strangely :confused: I am a strange person after all.

14. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I finally watched it but I should not have cos I now feel sick, I mean physically sick in my gut. Those parents are a sample of some of the most ignorant, base and just plain stupid that humanity has to offer. Didn't Darwin say we were evolving? Does evolution pass some folks right by? F... them. (sorry if my language offends)

As for 'choosing' this - what the hell? Who would choose this? Who chooses to be a member of a minority that is often treated like this?

Having said that though: since there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian, even if someone did choose it, so what? Although I don't think it's a choice, that accusation rests upon the assumption that it's somehow 'not ok'.

One day, homophobia will be regarded, along with stocks, the belief that mercury has a curative effect, and the Inquisition, as just another relic of the Dark Ages.

#54 Damien, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  15. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  16. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Typical white-trash conservative redneck Bible-thumpers. He's better off without those nasty parents of his.

17. NobleCrown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I couldn't watch past about the first thirty seconds, I was already sick and I knew from comments how horrible it was going to get.

I'm a Christian, and I say this proudly, but those people ...that's not the God I know. If my son were ever to come to me and say "Mom, girls are okay for friends, but I think I like boys better for ... um..." etc... he'd get a big ol' hug and probably a "Who exactly did you think you were fooling, kid?"

It positively baffles me that many Christians are willing to discuss cultural and historical context for nearly any passage excepting those purporting to vilify homosexuals. I'd bet that mother is active and vocal in her church. Hope she never wears pants, or eats lobster, etc.

18. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A display of why religion can make bad people worse. Religion is amazing with the right people, but in this case it's just sickening. The fact that they assume sexuality is a choice is what really got to me. I just wanted to say to them: "Okay then, if it's a choice, be gay right now. If you think it's something you can decide then show that you're right.". This poor boy is just one of many others who are forced to live with horrible people.

On the topic of donations, I'd rather the money be given to an organisation that deals with these issues. Helping one person is all good but, as others have said, there's so many more people off camera in this situation.

19. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  20. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people