1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Scary Movie?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by willycubed28, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Nimun

Saw, Friday The 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, Chucky. Any of the classics basically. Wish they would come out with a newer Frankenstein movie that isn't complete shit.

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stephen King's stories... They deserve their own thread!

I loved Poltergeist as a kid, I have no idea how many times I watched this movie. The soundtrack is still amazing (Jerry Goldsmith)

If I had to pick one, I'd go for The Exorcist.

And if you say Aliens is horror, then I'd go for Alien, any of them, including the last one... But I prefer the ones with Sigourney Weaver.

3. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't do horror movies at all. The terrify me to the point where I can't sleep. The scariest movie I ever saw was what ever Harry Potter movie had the snake lunge at you. My sister laughed because I screamed so loudly:icon_redf.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I am a big fan of Japanese horror. If you know any, I've probably seen them all.

My favorite was definitely Suicide Circle, a film about a sudden epidemic among teenagers, they start committing group suicide. Soon this spreads all over Japan. It was super gory, but still more than a horror movie, it was social commentary, had a deep meaning behind it. It was pretty "strange", but I like strange films.

Another favorite of mine is Shinin Shoujo. I can almost guarantee no one here has heard of it, so I do recommend it as well.
    It's also not your average horror film. No ghosts with long black hair and white dresses.
    It's about a girl who has a heart attack, and wakes up after her death. But she's not alive, she's dead and slowly putrifying. She is chased out by her family, now bent on re-killing her.

#24 NingyoBroken, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  5. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I like Scary Movie 1 but Scary Movie 2 is better... :grin:

6. Candide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Definitely The Exorcist for me too, but some Hitchcocks come close. Psycho especially.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You might like the Hammer Films from the 1960s and 1970s. Christopher Lee plays Dracula in that series, and it is some fine work. The Frankenstein films are, decent as well, I'd say.

Of course, if you've seen those, then by all means ignore this. But I'm always surprised at how many people, have not seen the Hammer Films.

8. Blossom85

I love the entire scream collection, plus I am a bit of a fan of the nightmare on elm street.. Not enough to own them, but if they are showing on my pay tv (foxtel, for Americans it would be cable or satellite tv) I always make a point of recording them onto my foxtel box and watching them.

9. JessicaWolfess

Alien <3 I've watched it like 15 times now!

10. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Conjuring

11. TurtleCat

Audition
    Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I love scary movies.

12. White Knight

I think I will go with Nightmare on the Elm Street 4, tho it wasn't scary more like an action adventure with interesting plot.

Thinking back I think movies like Changeling or Precious scares me more as they are real life event. Shows horrible side of everyday human instead of some unnatural thing or imaginary circumstances. I didn't even manage to complete both movies... I just don't have the heart.

13. Nikky DoUrden

Definatly 3
    [YOUTUBE]D2OG1ZRK-Cw[/YOUTUBE]

14. shinji

shinji Guest

Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2

I know they aren't anything special by today's standards but at that time (age 13-14) they scared me a lot. Also Justin Long (first one) was super cute! And so was Shaun Fleming (second one).

Ghost Ship was nice for it's gory-ness (so much better than today's sucky CGI). And also... Maybe Thir13en Ghosts and Final Destination 1 & 2.

But nothing can beat Goosebumps (that old TV show). That thing was filled with cute boys (i'm allowed to say that right, they were my age and older at that time), and scary as shit moments! Favorite episode - “Welcome To Camp Nightmare” (or whatever it was called).

Also... there was this other movie where this girl was in this freakshow circus and something, something and...they ended up amputating her limbs, sewing her mouth and some other stuff... To make her one of "them". For the love of me, i can't remember the name of the movie but it was old and i was under the covers most of the time...

Also, i know this is "movies only" but...

Another, was quite a nice Anime, scary too!
    Deadman Wonderland (not scary but...heavy).

Speaking of... Corpse Party anyone?

#34 shinji, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  15. Kreiger

Evil Dead 2. Its pretty groovy.

16. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Ghostbusters is a brilliant film! So many of the scares are played straight, at least until the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man. The movie is Lovecraftian in it's horrors, as well as one of the funniest character pieces ever made. The books they mention, like Tobin' Spirit Guide, are all real books!

For pure scares, The Exorcist gave me nightmares. What really gets me is that no one really gives a damn about the little girl. She's just a pawn.

17. White Knight

According to real life exorcism stories I've heard, that part pretty on spot.

18. C P

C P

I'm a big fan of horror movies, especially Stephen King ones, some of my favorites being It and Rose Red.

This.

I think the opening credits are a really good cue that the movie was going to be a decent one. Unlike the blatant OTT music that usually signals a movie like Friday the 13th, the original Halloween's opening theme, etc. gave it a more... serious, no nonsense feel.

I loved The Conjuring and it instantly shot up my list of favorites, so I plan to go see Annabelle. I'm a fan of those jump scare movies that keep you on the edge; saw it in theaters.

19. Starfleet

Starfleet Guest

Probably. Luckily, I no longer believe in Fairy Tales. :slight_smile:

20. paisleydaisy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I liked that Suicide Circle too...the other I will have to check out, thanks! Wonder if you've seen "Mermaid in a Manhole"; that's a crazy short Japanese movie.

I have to say the French put out some good scary movies too. "Martyr" is seriously messed up, where kids are just tortured until they can see into the next world. And "Inside" has the most disturbing ending to a horror movie ever. Same old start to a movie, where someone breaks into the woman's house to hunt her down and kill her, but with a twist...her water breaks.