1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you could say I'm straight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Aug 25, 2014.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do I need to? Maybe I don't want to, maybe I'm scared to not passing at all, maybe I don't want to face the social stigma, maybe I don't have the money to do that

2. Caillin

Also its up to you if you are feeling in a more girl mode yeah you can say you are straight though some people probably wont understand so you might have to explain. Try not to get too wrapped up in labels focus on you and go with what makes you more comfortable :slight_smile:

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i mean you can say your straight but i think it woukd be wise to not postpone handling the insecurities and anxieties you cited in the other topic. i know it is tough but i think it could help? good luck c:

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think so, since the person in question would still be attracted to (only) men in this case, and it would just be their gender expression that changes. If someone were attracted to both sides of that person, both male and female, they might be considered bisexual, or biromantic.

Unless you see yourself as a woman, no. Just because you don't see yourself as a guy doesn't mean you're female.

Of course, you might still fall somewhere on the trans feminine spectrum.

5. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah I do see myself as a woman

6. Caillin

I thought we were talking about gender and how it changes with what they call their sexuality whether they are in guy or girl mode. Were you are talking about a person dating someone who is genderfluid?

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No you don't need to too it's up to you if you want to , Hey call yourself whatever you want a lot of people are calling themselves anything they feel like these days . Hey I can call myself bisexual since labels aren't important and don't mean anything . knock yourself out

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This makes no sense ok they can go into either mode female or male according to whatever mode they felt they can be attracted to males or females depending on mode How is that not bisexual ? Wait what ? I'm confused . We aren't talking about the OP right ? . How is this not bi bisexual means you like both male and female . If they were gay no matter what mode they were in they would just always like the same sex ?
    So today you feel like a guy you like women next time you feel like a girl you like men ? isn't that the capability to be attracted to both sexes ? I am so lost on this :confused:
    I'm trying to make sense of this but it makes no sense at all to me .
    So just because the person can decide what gender they are they can not be bisexual even though their capable of liking either sex because some how they have to like both at the same time ? so their like not bi doesn't that follow a negative stereotype about bisexuals that's not true ?

9. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought my example was pretty clear. In this case, I'm describing someone who is only attracted to men, but has a non-binary gender identity. They'd be attracted to men regardless of any "shifts", so only the description of their sexuality would change. It's why I suggested "androphilic", since it's a lot more inclusive and can work for any gender, just about.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that's what it was about the person that was genderfluid who said when their in girl mode they like guys guy mode they like girls . Are they just calling themselves things just to conform ?:confused:

---------- Post added 26th Aug 2014 at 12:00 AM ----------

Wait I'm just trying to understand because this is new to me so , don't get upset at me if I'm confused as I'm trying to make sense of it .
    Ok so let's get this straight this person is not attracted to women at all just men ?
    So their just changing labels to make sense to everyone so now if they are in guy mode their with their boyfriend they go as gay then their in girl mode they go as straight ? Is this what you mean :confused:

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Something like that... it's probably different for everyone, though. I know one guy who describes himself as "gender fluid", and does drag. Then again, he has no problem calling himself a gay man.

Like I said, andro/gynephilic are used often in non-binary and trans communities, since they transcend binary definitions. It's probably another reason why you see pansexual thrown around a lot more than bisexual there, too.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok i get it now their changing their gender not their partners genders and their gender when dating . Oh makes sense

13. Candace

You were biologically born as male. So you'd be genderfluid, MtF transgender, if you feel that it's better suited for you to be a woman.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So that's what genderfluid means

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep! And it's not limited to any number, or specific type of gender, either. :slight_smile:

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Really ? I'd like to learn more thank you Gravechild for explaining it to me :slight_smile:

17. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    so am I straight or not?

18. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Gib bigger picture of avatar so I can make background pls.

Edit:
    Does it really matter? You like whatever you like.

19. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    are you saying that like labels don't matter or that I can call myself whatever I want but that doesn't mean I can be such thing (like a crab or a unicorn) xD

20. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It means what it means.