1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies you'd never thought you cry to.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ghost_in_the_sewer, Aug 25, 2014.

1. NDark

V for Vendetta – At the end, it just becomes so glorious. I shed many tears.
    Twilight: Bella came onscreen and I cried at my misfortune of having to watch that movie.
    The Phantom of the Opera – Christine should have ended up with the Phantom! :c
    Victini and the Black Hero – Say what you will about Pokémon, but damn, that was sad and cute.
    The Rise of Darkrai – Why does the character in the title always have to sacrifice themselves?!

2. I cried at The Mudge Boy too!

3. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This one. It's impossible for me to see that scene and not get my eyes wet. It's perhaps the best example of a sad scene done perfectly.

On-topic for "I'd never thought I'd cry to this", I present you "Batman Returns", though.
    Specifically, the moment when the Penguin dies. As reprehensible as he is, he was, in the end, just a kid who needed help but was abandoned by all and left to die. And his penguins still loved him and come to say goodbye, at which point my resolve breaks and I end up with a serious case of "It's just a bit of dust in my eye"

4. Silas

Haunting in Connecticut 2. There was a scene at the end where the ghosts found peace and somehow it got me emotional. I mean I cry watching pretty much everything but didn't expect it to happen during a horror movie :lol:

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I forgot about this one. I didn't cry at the sad part, but at the harmonious reunion. It was such a pure love, I didn't think there would be so much feeling in this movie.

6. Samantha2014

Bridge to Terabithia
    Remember me
    and today How to train a dragon 2 (didn't see that coming!) I felt so silly sitting amongst the small children who were arguing about sweets.

7. Gallatin

Pearl Harbor. When Danny gets shot saving Rafe, and then Rafe tells Danny that he can't die because he's going to be a father, but Danny says, "no, you are"... gets me almost every time.

8. dazeio

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently watched 'The Fault In Our Stars'... didnt think I would cry but I bawled like a lil girl in the cinema... lol

9. the haunted

I've only cried at two movies: The Lovely Bones and 50/50.

I guess the weirder one would be 50/50, but the part I cried at was actually sad. It was when Joseph Gordon Levitt's character was about to go into surgery and his parents were saying goodbye to him. Overall it was a funny movie with a sad undertone.

10. darlig ulv

Nights of Cabiria. I got weepy when Cabiria realized she was being taken advantage of yet again. But Masini's just got that charm; she optimistically smiles, and accepts salvation among the homeless street musicians and prostitutes. Because who needs the high life anyway? Fellini's movies do the weirdest thing to me, they make me grin and cry simultaneously.

11. AlamoCity

I don't cry, but I can get a bit emotional.

Armageddon- when Bruce Willis' character sacrifices himself so his daughter's fiancé doesn't die.

Brokeback Mountain- the ending

Brian's Song- no explanation needed.

12. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Highlander: Endgame
    Even though the story was so stupid, the scene wherein Connor dies was pretty sad.

13. SunshineNY

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We bought a zoo. I never thought I'd cry at anything like that but the end broke me.