1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel when someone of the opposite sex/gender is interested in you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alder, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel flattered and a compliment is a compliment. I have no strong feelings one way or the other. So...kind of indifferent!

2. Kat kanu

actually it happens a lot but i explain to them that i could never be with them romantically we usually become friends play video games together and when they do get a girl i help them so that she knows he loves her

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I honestly feel disgusted

4. TheStormInside

Nervous and uncomfortable, but also flattered.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always feel quite bad for that person. I know what it's like to be rejected, but I also hate being the one who has to say "no" because things wouldn't really work out, should we be in a relationship.

6. C P

C P

'Suppose it'd be more truthful to throw in some annoyance as well. Just a mixture/mess of negative emotions.

7. uppercasejace

It sort of upsets me when a male takes interest in me, as strange as the sounds. I suppose the reason is because I'm transmasculine, so I try me best to pass as male and when a straight male takes interest in me it makes me feel like I look feminine or am not passing...

8. the haunted

I feel super flattered and happy to be liked by someone. Must mean I'm desirable, right? This guy with 40k Instagram followers has a crush on me (I actually know him), so that's cool I think? Hahaha. Is that even a thing? I don't know.

But it's all good and well until they start making comments that make me uncomfortable. Or try to "convert" me.

When guys hit on me I just get extremely uncomfortable right away.

9. XRay

It's always flattering when someone is hitting on you, but when it's a female I feel much more excited about it. With guys it's just uncomfortable.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel indifferent when it's like one of those respectful men;I don't care much for it at all just wished a women would do it to me.

11. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find this more with guys. In my case I've noticed the opposite sex is attracted to me because of how I perceive myself: Confident, intelligent and charming. They appear to like me for who I am, at least I've noticed that the few same sex encounters I've had have only been because I have a dick and am handsome. I'm hoping this will change, since I've only been out for two months.

12. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I feel flattered, and also conflicted - this happened to me recently and the urge to go out with him and be 'normal' was very strong. However, whilst I got on with him, I was not attracted to him, and I knew it would be wrong. I want my long-term partner to be a woman, but because I have sometimes liked men, my head says 'Come on, just go out with him... marry him... have babies with him...'. It can be so hard to resist!

So awkward (particularly when they don't know I'm mainly gay) - and also conflicted.

13. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Flattered

14. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do feel more comfortable with girls on the emotional level since I feel somehow more comfortable releasing the persona that always tries to stand up when people are around. With guys I am always uncertain since I can feel the usual 'act normal' instincts flare up big time.

15. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This has happened to me since being out, so I understand. I used to hang out a lot more with guys, but since accepting I'm gay it's easier to be alongside girls, because with my friend girls I can talk about guys, with my guy friends (all are straight) there is no way that I can do that.

It feels odd though, because when girls start talking about their problems and fashion, I'm like "Oh... god, here we go." So that's something in which my guy friends have me covered, but still, it's just hard to be yourself around guys. At least in my case.

16. One Man Army

It's funny and quite flattering, but it hasn't happened for a long time.

Just saying, ladies... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For sure, at least about problems. Like I haven't been the Counselor enough my whole freakin life, having people solicit advice for whatever reason. (It gets old sometimes, I'm sorry. I get back into caring gear but sometimes, :eusa_doh: )
    Quite like fashion, though. Never let myself gab about it before for obvious reasons.

18. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Flattered. But I normally ignore the hints, and they think I don't get them. Makes things awkward/ uncomfortable.

19. Formality

I like it because it helps my confidence. But if it escalates it's really hard. In highschool I had two girls who initially were friends become mad at each other because they both liked me... It got pretty weird, I tell you. One of them told me how she felt in my appartment one night, wearing her nightgown.. and I rejected her. Seriously weirdest moment ever *.*