1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you know gay people when you were little/growing up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blueberrykisses, Aug 17, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes but I went back into denial after getting beaten by my dad for kissing another girl .

2. justjade

None, whatsoever. I wish I did though. It would have broadened my horizons much earlier in life.

3. DMark69

None, in fact when I graduated High School, my school of probably about 1800 students had zero out gay people in it. Yes, I am gay, but I did not come out until much later. I moved away shortly after graduating, and still among the people I am still in touch with, and the people they know, I am the only out gay person from that school...

I know that is statistically impossible that I was the only gay even at the 2.5% number, there should have been 45 gay students. Given the kinsey estimate of 10% that becomes 180.

#23 DMark69, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Miss read this not when I was a little kid but when I became a teenager I met a few gay people and two bisexuals .

5. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Back when my mom was still doing freelance interior design, she did some work for a lesbian couple. I didn't think anything of it (I was about 5 at the time). They had a little baby girl that they adopted and I didn't even think twice about it. I just had fun like little kids are supposed to.

6. maselalala

Yea there were a few people.. There was a guy who was in student council who was open and all.. I was severely closeted and my homosexuality was the furthest thing on my mind. But something tells me I liked him..

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I only became aware of them around middle school, especially 6th or 7th grade when I learned there was some gay boy who had a "promise ring" from his boyfriend. I remembered everyone thought that was gross and weird.

8. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In 5th grade, two boys kissed. I remember our teacher flipped out. I thought one of them did it for attention and that other was "most likely gay." I've known what being gay meant since 4th grade. The first boy got suspended, but actually turned out to be gay as he came out in 6th grade before I moved.

In middle school, I knew some gay kids...they were kinda obvious.

In high school, I knew a lot of LGBT kids, and I am good friends with one to this day.

In College, I know a few...none are close friends of mine though.

9. PICollins91

The next door neighbors who babysitted me when I was much younger was an older lesbian couple.