1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doing your hair?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbows~Exist, Aug 17, 2014.

1. jahow95

Takes me about 30 seconds to towel dry it out of the shower and then I'm off. It's really really thick so i never bother with gel or anything

2. Thedistra

I brush it then done. Less than a minute.

3. Weekender

Like five minutes to brush it and put conditioner in for everyday wear. Takes me about 30 minutes to straighten it for special occasions.

4. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is not an easy question. Around 70% of the time, i just soap it up, rinse it out, run a hand through it, and call it done. At most a three minute ordeal.

But then there's the remaining the 30% of days where I'm feeling fancy as fuck and straighten my fringe, or gel it back, or spike up my hair. And because I don't actually know how to do those tasks properly, I just half-ass it for approximately ten minutes and declare it done.

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If the photo is typical of 'messy' it looks great! I never did anything with my hair more than tie it back can't wait to try new things as it gets longer again.

6. Formality

Depends on what look I'm going for. If I'm in a hurry I usually just quickly mess it up a bit with some wax in like 5 seconds. But if I'm feeling ambitious it can take up to 20 minutes.

7. the haunted

Depends on what you count as "doing" hair, because I wear it naturally almost always.

The washing and conditioning part takes about 5 minutes total, because while the conditioner is in my hair, I comb it with a wide tooth comb. I have wavy/curly hair so this is the only time I can get the knots out.

After my shower I put my hair up in a towel for a minute or two, part it, and scrunch some gel into it so my hair doesn't go POOF! The gel part takes about a minute.

This is the longest part: Waiting for it to dry. I literally have to wait 3 hours or so for my hair to dry. It's thick and long so it takes quite a while and I have to stay fairly still so my hair doesn't dry all crazy. I can't blow dry or else I go POOF!

And that's it. I wear my hair natural like that 99% of the time. The other 1% is when I decide to be brave and straighten it. Which takes at least an hour and I usually regret doing it halfway through.

8. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Usually takes me around 5-10 minutes on most normal days where I hardly have time. If it's a special occasion I can take as long as 30-40 minutes with straightening and products (not including wash times).

9. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    45 minutes 30 for it to dry 15 to fix it

10. Samantha2014

I have long hair and as a kid it always used to be like a birds nest, but now, its like it just doesn't bother getting tangled, its great. 2 minute brush through and then a minute to tie up and its done! If I am washing/conditioning, about 20 minutes from beginning to end, I like to blow dry it otherwise it goes messy curly.. It starts off looking like a nice curl and as soon as I think about leaving the house it takes on a look that can normally only be achieved by a full nights sleep.
    I like having long hair, its how its always been, but sometimes I would just love to shave the whole lot off and have shorter hair, I Love the feel of short hair, I just don't know if its for me.

11. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on how much I care. I usually just take a shower (20-30 minutes), wrap it up in a towel, and then run a comb through it. I can't use a blow dryer because it makes my hair fluff up a lot more than usual so I just let it air dry. If I'm not taking a shower, I just take 5 minutes to run a brush through it and then put it up in a ponytail.

A few times a year for special occasions I get out the straightener. That takes a solid 30-45 minutes, though.

12. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

less than a minute in mornings, since i usually shower before bed otherwise i fall asleep in there on work/school mornings.....

to wash tho it depends, usually no more than ten minutes

i wish i knew how to style and be cute about it tho :frowning2:

13. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love experimenting with my hair. April is usually re-style month for me. This April just gone I got it cut really short just to see what I looked like. However I've now grown it back to a length in happy with!

14. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It takes forever to wash it, condition it, and dry it because it's so long. Brushing it always takes a while, too. But as far as making it the way I want to afterwards, it's not a long time. I just put it in a ponytail.

15. Candace

If you want to include a shower, dry, and combing altogether? About 20 minutes tops.

16. Gen

Gen

Zero, at the moment.

When it's not extremely short, around thirty seconds.

17. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Outside of showering and washing hair, on a good day it takes me 5 minutes to style my hair. On a bad day it takes 2 seconds to put on a hat.

18. Dakeli27

If I slept funny and it looks very strange, I'll jump into the shower for just long enough to get it wet and comb it. Other than that, I really don't do anything with my hair in the morning. I shower in the evening and shampoo my hair occasionally.

19. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Three minutes if I remember to brush at all.

20. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About 20-30 minutes to straighten, tease and gel it