1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys who hate women

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Aug 17, 2014.

1. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say I've encountered this much in the community to be honest. I have encountered guys who are a little weird about female anatomy or the idea of sex with women. My partner is a little "oooh" about the fact that I have been with women--just not really his cup of tea. But I've never encountered a gay guy where this prevented him from being friends with women.

2. AKTodd

Nope, never felt this way about women. Most of my friends are women and women generally play a pretty dominant roll in my family.

From a sexual standpoint, I've never found women repellant, just effectively non-existant. I don't understand how some gay guys are apparently weirded out/grossed out/afraid of vaginas or women engaging in sex (straight or lesbian). It's a body part, not some Eldritch Thing that detaches in the dead of night to fly around and eat the souls of little boys or something (or was I out sick that day in Sex Ed class...?). It's an activity/set of acts that aren't all that different from what we do except in the details. So why be all that freaked out about it?

Todd

3. Dakeli27

I think it's that some gay guys are neither attracted to nor empathize with women. You occasionally see the same with lesbians, as well.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :confused:?

5. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry, i hate everybody equally.

6. Dakeli27

Stocking, I'm saying that heterosexuals might get along with girls because they like them and boys because they can relate to them. I assume that some gays don't interact much with women because they are dissimilar and because they aren't attracted to them either. I have an idea, I just can't get it out well.

7. Candace

There are some guys, regardless of sexual orientation, who are like that, dear :frowning2:. I know that our former neighbors, a gay couple and another single gay, were very good friends with my mom. In fact, the gay couple would watch our dog while we were on vacation sometimes. They were the nicest people ever.

*warning: incoming sarcasm*

I'm a gay guy and you know how mean and rude I am on this forum :grin:.

8. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love women. I have a variety of friends, but I can't talk to my straight guy friends about men. With women I feel free to do such a thing and they're pretty cool and open-minded.

#28 MassiveExtract, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  9. Formality

I usually get along a lot better with women. I think I have more female than male friends :L I don't know why but I usually get bad wibes around very manly men. And I get the feeling guys don't care too much about friendship and girls are often a lot nicer. When it comes down to it though, it's not about the gender/race/sexuality/whatever but the personality. I've noticed that about a few that I know, they often judge, or look down on people that they haven't even talked to.

On the topic; honestly I don't understand how one can hate 3.5 billion people just like that...

Judge by character, not by gender (or anything else fr that matter)

10. Samantha2014

Well said Shaded

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Yeah tbh i've always thought it was really weird when a guy has to discuss in great nauseated detail.about how mich they hate vaginas and female anatomy like.... congrats on being ten years old?? Like I dont dig dicks but it never occured to me to discuss this in pained detail, especially to a man. Thankfully all the gay men I know now are very chill and dont do this :slight_smile:

12. maselalala

I knew but he didn't tell me he was bisexual

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really don't understand why, but there is misogyny among gay men. It makes no sense to me, since sexism is at the root of homophobia.

I have heard gay men making remarks about how they find vaginas and vulvae gross, and they've even taken to coming here to spew that kind of bile.

It's not okay.

14. Dakeli27

Frankly, there'll be prejudices and assholes among any group. There are the feminists who go way past equality to #killallmen, gays who really dislike women and go on and on and on about how gross vaginas are, atheists that are prejudiced against and total assholes to anyone who is religious... It's never OK, and we should do what we can to minimize it, but unfortunately, I doubt we'll be totally successful.

15. Blossom85

What does that have to do with anything? So assuming you thought he was gay, you would have been fine if he left you for another man?

16. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

I think they're just jealous

17. Compute

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's because they're misogynistic, not gay.

#37 Compute, Aug 17, 2014
  18. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Firstly just wanted to say, it was brave of you to be honest about this; secondly, that maybe it's not 'hatred' but rather, just 'anger', which will pass in time, and which is not the same emotion. Lastly, I do hope you can transcend this feeling, because really, it's illogical to dislike all women, or mistrust all bisexuals, based upon one experience like this, although I do understand how such feelings might come up initially. But I certainly can't condemn you for expressing this, because although I don't share your dislike, I do respect honesty. Some might have read this topic, agreed with you, but have said nothing. And it's hard to heal anything in secret.

#38 Damien, Aug 17, 2014
  19. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I hate people who hate -.-

Ok so I don't think I fall into the women hating category but I don't know any gay guys who hate women either not all of us hate women I mean I think he was just like expressing how unattractive women are to him, he's gay so obviously the idea of a vagina is just like ewww and honestly haha I can't imagine how straight men do it but whatever it's none of my business haha :slight_smile: but him being so rude to you Is just like not EVEN COOL -.- I hope I helped :slight_smile:

20. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I had to laugh when I read that. Come on, now.

Girls are not automaticly cute and totally innocent. Girls are what we all are - Humans. There are both women and men that are cute and innocent, but there are also both men and women that are extremely bitchy, malicious and just straight up nasty.

Apart from that though, well, the gay people that hate and rant about women in public, and in such an offensive way, while women are present, are usually the ones that end up getting punched by me.

The same applies to women ranting about how fucking gross men, especially gay men are, though.

Both parties just take it a step to far, and when feelings get hurt (Mine rarely do, but I know alot of sensitive people), I tend to get really, really mad at haters of both men and women. Especially when they don't take the hint when I tell them spout their hateful talk somewhere else.

As to why both gay men and women rant about the opposite gender?
    I'm not sure. My bet is on insecurity and feeling better about yourself by downgrading others. But that's a personality thing, not really an orientation thing.