1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Christian singer comes out as being gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Aug 14, 2014.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go her, anyone who can be Christian and part of the GSM deserves a hand

3. Candace

Congrats to her!! That takes of lot of courage and I'm glad she came out :slight_smile:.

4. I listen to a whole bunch of Christian music on the radio, but I never heard of her! I will have to start listening to her though because I need more good Christian artists to listen to. Anyways, I just read her story and oh my goodness, I wanted to cry - She has went through so much because of all this and the fact that she still stands by God and the church after all this is so inspiring. I'm so proud of her and I hope she is happier now! She has a new supporter in me <3

5. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

Reading her story does make me angry about how she, and no doubt countless others, are treated by fellow so-called Christians. Like her, I was brought up in an evengelical/charismatic family. Fortunately, unlike her, I was not exorcised at any point. But, certain aspects of evangelicalism can be very damaging with its condemnations at the cost of Christian love and humanity. I have heard evangelicals call homosexuality "wrong", "yuck". I have been questioned whether my faith is really rooted in God when defending homosexual relationships. I wish the church as a whole would wake up and come to its senses about what the whole point of the Christian gospel is about - love.

6. RAdam

God have mercy on her soul :icon_roll

7. One Man Army

I predict there will be a mass boycott of her music.

'Children, you can't listen to Vicky Beeching's music anymore! Doing so might turn you gay, like her.'

Negativity aside, I'm glad she had the courage to come out. More Christians need to do this.

8. Princess Danica

^ This. I wish this as well. Maybe someday, with a new generation it will happen. We can hope? Lol

Also I just wanna say that was very brave of her to come out since she was well-known as a Christian singer. That took some guts...

9. idream

idream Guest

I actually love christian music. Despite the fact that I don't hold that faith, it sort of makes me feel good because its all about love and there is no mention of homosexuality or any other specific "sin". Christian music is the embodiment of who all christians should be. At least the stuff I listen to:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. BelleFromHell

"E-GADS, CHILDREN! Stay away from her music! If you don't, she'll turn you gay and feed your soul to SATAN!!"

I agree with One Man Army. There will be massive butt-hurt over this. Nonetheless, I'm happy that she came out. She deserves to live her life honestly.

11. edgy

edgy Guest

that's exactly what's going to happen

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2014 at 05:12 PM ----------

the church as a whole? which one?

12. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good for her. I'll have to find some articles on this. Right now, there's a massive uproar over the Christian band Gungor just because they said they believe evolution is true. (The Horror!)... So for sure, Christians like to boycott stuff they don't agree with, led mostly by the conservative media machine of course. So far I've not heard anything about this, so I hope she fairs better than Gungor is right now...

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If there is a boycott, I assume it'll just generate more publicity. It reminds me of the following lyrics:

" LOOOOOORDY Lord, we gotta protest that! Some Rock 'N Roll ninja bit the head off a rat!
    Let's march to his concert, and tell him to Hell, because he's SOOOOO FUUUUCCCKING TERRIBLE!
    Meanwhile, his records sell double and triple, 'cause of you, crying about rubbing his nipple.
    Religious? Shiiiiiiit, you helped them bank, instead of helping them poor people eating out of garbage cans.
    When you're done with that, bitch, come protest me -- shiiiit, motherfucker, I could use some money! "​

Never did I think, an Insane Clown Posse song, could be appropriately quoted. Life is pretty amusing, LOL.

14. Im Just Me

Reading things like this makes me so beyond happy. She is an inspiration.

15. lukeluvznicki13

I'm very happy for her :slight_smile:!

16. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

i.e. the whole body of Christians across the world, who belong to various congregations, and in various denominations.

If you go here, you'll see a TV interview of her on coming out - and even the way she is treated by the evangelical pastor in dialogue with her is sickening; condescending, by a supposedly wiser older figure, who is old enough to be her father - and therefore supposedly has the right to talk to her like that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GivMLlmeAU

How she kept her cool I don't know. And how she can remain evangelical, I don't know either. I feel I can only remain Christian by adopting a liberal faith. But many others would wonder how I could even remain a Christian. Respect to her.

One thing she said though, which is something I have felt keenly myself previously, is that "being gay is a gift from God" - we are who we are, because of God, in all its diversity.

17. mangotree

RESPECT!
    And cute to boot :slight_smile:

18. Incognito10

Never head of her even though I listened to mainstream Christian music a few years ago. She's brave and I hope it doesn't ruin her career.