Do you believe bisexuality is the predominant sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MassiveExtract, Aug 14, 2014.

?

Bisexuality...

1. Yes, it's the biggest.

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Maybe, but it's impossible to know.

41 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. No, heterosexuality will forever reign.

28 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No, we're all gay, but hidding it.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed, Aussie 792. I really do think we bisxuals are the minority.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And we know we're in the minority because of how we're treated. Just thought I'd slip that one in there...

3. sarahpenny02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I do believe that most people are at least a tiny bit bisexual. Most people don't recognize attraction to the same sex through either suppression or denial and will usually assume that liking someone of the same sex is normal and perhaps want to be close to them, but subconciously surpress the realization that they're sexually attracted to them because of the stigma and trauma of realzing theyre bi.
    The way i view my sexuality is this : if a girl ended up being 'the one' I would want to be with her regardless of her sex because i loved her. However there are plenty of people who would see that as a deal breaker.

4. Yosia

I believe people are flexible but not necessarily bisexual.

5. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the results of this topic would have been a bit different if I would have stated as many have said that not neceserally 100% bisexual, but instead have at least a same sex attraction at some point in their lives. I'll make a copy-paste topic later on to see what people think :grin:

6. lukeluvznicki13

Unfortunately I don't believe it is unless people are secretly attracted to both genders.

It would be nice if the majority were bisexual :wink: :icon_bigg

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think many people wish everyone was bisexual or a bit bi but not all of us are .

8. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sure don't. Some of my friends have said to me in the past "Maybe you still like girls, you just haven't found the right one yet." No, I don't like em'.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friends say stuff like that to me about guys , but I just think people have a hard time understand how people can't be interested in both sexes as well and only like one sex .

10. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I don't understand it though, how they can think that. People are different, not everyone is the same. Some like oranges other like apples. Education also has a lot to do with that. I mean sometimes when I say to my straight friends "Let's go to a gay bar." They think they're going to be raped or something. Misconceptions and stereotypes that they have of the unknown.

In my case two of the girls that used to be in love with me are the ones that said that in the beginning. I guess the couldn't comprehend how in my confusion I was hitting on them and then suddenly I confessed I'm gay. Maybe it's half my fault, but I didn't know either.

11. Hexagon

Hard to tell.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I go to gay bars by myself because of the oh we might get raped reaction. People like to think everyone is the same

13. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, exactly. At least to the one gay bar I've been to, unless you're really hot or handsome, most guys or girls wouldn't even look at you, and they're all respectful. To be honest, I like bringing my straight friends to the bar so their stereotype is quickly broken.

14. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be sure to define what you mean by "100% bisexual". I think most bisexuals at least (and plenty of non-bi people) know that bisexual means sexual interest of some level in both sexes, not necessarily equally. So if that's what 100% bisexual means, then what does "less than 100% bisexual" mean?

It's starting to sound like you had a preconceived notion of how this discussion was supposed to turn out and you're surprised and perhaps disappointed that it didn't go that way and want to try for a do-over with clarified language to get the result you wanted. Want to just tell us what you thought, and we'll give you our reaction to that?

15. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The topics discussion was supposed to be about if most people have some kind of sexual attraction to the same sex throughout their lifetime, instead I confused it purely with bisexuality, which is the interest in both sexes to some level. It wasn't thoroughly thought out in the beginning, so I guess I'm in a hole now because of it and having to correct myself. Woops.

#55 MassiveExtract, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  16. animequeen567

Honestly it's hard to say. In a perfect world, I think it would be better if people were assumed bisexual until they figure out what they are. And if someone turns out to be gay, straight, pansexual, asexual, etc then no one would judge unlike how things are where everyone assumes people are straight. If you get what I mean, does that make sense?

17. Ryujin

That said, when most people are confronted with an actual bisexual or pansexual, a common reaction is that said bisexual or pansexual just hasn't made up their mind yet.

18. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care for this, as the word "bisexual" then becomes *defined* to mean "hasn't made up their mind or figured themselves out yet". Genuine bisexuals get enough of that crap already...we don't need it institutionalized.

How about we just *don't make assumptions about a person's sexuality* until they tell us something about it??

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe what you said is true but ,in my experience people don't get how I can only be into one sex, some have tired to convince me I'm bi, it's only if your straight they are ok with you liking one sex. But I've seen bisexual people get treated better by straight people.

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

I agree with biannika, I actually wished the world worked that , way. I get what you're saying anime queen but that bi now gay later messed things up for bisexual people.

20. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think so, but of course not everyone is 50/50 men / women. I guess the straighter end of the spectrum is the most common, on kinsey that would be like 0.5 / 1 or something. But I think few people are truly and solely straight. Now that I've come to terms with myself, I can see often in others how they sometimes watch and touch people in ways that make me think this.

But of course this is purely my subjective view and I could be imagining things.