1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give an honest answer. Why you think majority of....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by August Love, Aug 14, 2014.

1. ScatteredEarth

Yea... I'ma go ahead and second that..

But in all honesty, I haven't come across too many people that have doubted me or scoffed at me.. then again, I haven't come across much.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Funny you wrote this I read where on a lesbian woman's profile that she said feminine lesbians are fake lesbians because a real lesbian is always butch . I was actually hurt by her comment but then again No one believes I'm gay .:dry:
    Another note you listed some good points because a lot of mislabeling contributed to some of the negative bisexual stereotype both from gays and straight women , I've even seen some straight women kiss girls for attention and say they were bisexual and when that said girl wanted to take them out and through they were serious they would then say Oh I'm not really into girls I was just using you to turn on my boyfriend , not to mention some telling lesbians they were bi to get them to have 3somes because their boyfriends asked them for it .
    Just recently online on a dating site I was propositioned for a 3some by a woman who claimed to be bi , do I think all bisexuals are like this no

#42 stocking, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. thekillingmoon

There are different types of bisexuals out there. Like there are women who are only looking for sex with women for the sake of experimenting. I've even seen some women online who claim to be bi say things like it's never serious with girls and that having a relationship with someone of the same sex is weird and they'd never go for it. When you encounter such bisexuals most of the time, there's going to be trust issues. Blame the bad stereotypes and people who confirm them.

Of course, if you really like someone, you're going to try to figure out what kind of person they are and give them a chance. I don't care whether the women I like is bi or gay, I'm more interested in whether she likes me back and sees me as someone she'd potentially want a monogamous relationship with. It's easy to fall for someone and get hurt in the process. That's why I try to avoid the types of people that could be wrong for me. I have to agree though, if a person writes you off without knowing you at all just cause you're bi, they're an asshole.

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stocking, your rules are not over the top. Actually they are very sensable. If you date a bi girl, there is no reason you shouldn't expect her to be faithful to you and there is no reason that she shouldn't accept that. Just depends on if you are with the right person or not. I don't have a problem with polly. And of course bi people can be polly. BUT also bi people can be and many are monogamous. You have evey right to expect your partner to be faithful, bi or not. :slight_smile:

5. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you bicomplicated :icon_bigg faithfulness is very important to me , I was worried about when I said they must like cats and dogs too lol .

#46 stocking, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  7. BelleFromHell

Do gay men/lesbians really refuse to date bisexual people simply because they're bisexual? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it's quite common, and extremely hurtful. This video, things I have read here, and offline experiences pretty much solidified me in the "let's be very, very careful before we date gay men" philosophy.

[youtube]YDNtNqvS6tw[/youtube]

#48 Pret Allez, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One of the girls who identified as lesbian in that video bashing bisexuals admitted to having attraction to both sexes herself and that she still sleeps with men . It's the one with the dread locks , she honestly disgusted me , for being a major hypocrite because she was the one that had the most nastiest things to say about bisexual women.:dry:

10. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my limited experience I've seen the offhanded contempt of some gay guys. One flatly told me I'd be 'full gay in a year'. Guess who didn't get another date? :dry:

11. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My female friend who is bi is marrying a man next week, so ya never know. :thumbsup:

12. XRay

Those people are just ignorant

13. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Does the Majority? I can't understand that.

14. Samantha2014

I think it is about trust, Knowing that the person you are in a relationship with is being honest. It is unfortunate that gender/sexuality is often the playing field that it all boils down to, but if a person for whatever reason feels insecure about what is happening in the relationship often that can be the focus or the easiest thing to point an accusation at.

In the past when I have been out as a Bi-sexual I didn't have a good time in the LGB community, I felt shunned my the lesbians and ignored by the gays, I realised later that if there were any Bisexuals they were keeping it quiet and then so did I.

15. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

I think the majority think's Bisexies will cheat

16. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You won't believe how many times I have heard this. And it is so unfair! I as a bi woman have never cheated. Everytime I have been cheated on has been with straight men. Never been cheated on by bi men or women.

17. CongoColorado

"My guess would be that the person is uncomfortable with the idea of not being able to fully fulfill the bisexual partners full sexual and romantic desires, and may be worried that it will end for those reasons. Either that or, as other have said, they have something against the idea of their partner having homosexual/heterosexual tendencies."

Message written by Compute. It really explains everything.

18. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

negative stereotypes, women being intimidated by phallocentic ideals, afraid of them not being monogamous, all of which are bullshit.

.......What

This makes no sense.

Topping and bottoming has nothing to do with being submissive first of all, as a guy could penetrate a woman and still be submissive.

And two, both straight and gay men have preferences on top vs bottom. Just like there are gay men who only top, there are straight and bi men who ONLY bottom for women with the woman wearing a strap-on, and it doesn't make them less straight. Sexuality is about the genders you like, not how dominant you are.

#58 Fallingdown7, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014