Just came out as Trans on facebook, I'm shaking.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by itsAli, Aug 13, 2014.

1. itsAli

Well, I didn't, my boyfriend posted a status about it (with my permission)

So, it turns out that my fantastic, incredible (Patience of a saint) girlfriend, Ali is actually my exceedingly handsome boyfriend.
    That's right, he is Trans*, and wants you all to use male pronouns. and to be fair, that's not too hard, now is it?!
    And if you have a problem, buy this (Link to a dildo shaped like the queen) and insert it, vigorously into your anus.

And my best friend who's known for ages, commented:
    I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE THIS I AM SO DISGUSTED BY YOU ALI I CANT BELIEVE THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE THIS IS HAPPENING. HOW CAN YOU POST A SELFIE WITHOUT USING A FILTER SMH.

What's done is done, and now all I can do is see what people say. I can't stop shaking.

"I feel like the only acceptable pronoun is dudebro - I think it suits you Ali "

"Let's face it, we all saw this coming, and have long since accepted and loved you as our bro. ;D"

#1 itsAli, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yay for you, best of luck. Tell me how it goes <3

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are really really brave. I start to think about all the conversations I'll have to have and I know from hard stuff in the past that I can do it, but I'll be crying pretty much every time as I explain to these people exactly how strongly I feel.

Thank you for being so brave. :eusa_clap

4. itsAli

I'm not going to lie Kai, I was shi**ing myself, I had to get someone else to do it
    Once you tell the immediate people in your life, it's easier to tell the others, I feel like the general protocol is tell the people closest to you personally, then let all the others know in your own time

Good luck, I believe in you, if you ever need to talk or need support I'm here (*hug*)

5. Tetra

Way to go man! That takes extreme courage to be able to let people know about something so personal, and I think you're incredibly brave for doing this.

By the way, your boyfriend deserves props too. I very much liked his explanation, I don't think it was possible to word it ANY better than he did.

Again, way to go!

6. itsAli

Thank you :slight_smile: It's been support so far

7. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It gets easier, I agree. The first two times I said it I felt like my heart was going to fall to the ground. Now it's just like - Yeah, I'm gay. What are you going to do about it? Since I'm pretty tall, black and intimidating, surely you don't to beat me up here. :lol:

8. wolf of fire

Well done and good luck in the future to both of you.