1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Robin Williams

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dinah, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As cold as it sounds, I usually don't give a crap about celebrity deaths beyond 10 minutes of hearing the news. But now it's a day later and I still have trouble composing myself knowing what happened to him. He had to be one of the sweetest, warmest people to have lived. I have no poetry for his passing; it just hurts.

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rip robin Williams

3. mangotree

No celebrity death has ever before made me feel this sad.

Rest in peace Robin Williams. You are sorely missed.

4. BornAnew

Very sad.

How could one who made us laugh so much have been in such a dark place :frowning2:

Wish he had gotten help sooner.

I will quote my fav tribute to him,

'You're free Genie. RIP'

:frowning2:

5. BelleFromHell

God, I loved him as the Genie from Aladdin. He strugged with addiction and depression, so the suicide isn't too shocking. Nonetheless, it's still hard to process the fact that he's gone. :frowning2:

R.I.P. Robin. "We ain't never had a friend like you."

6. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    RIP Robbin Williams... A Sad day indeed....

7. BreannaToBrian

You beat me to making a thread about this. I JUST now found out about Robin and....I don't even know what to think. I saw the messages on Yahoo but at first I thought it was just someone trying to stir drama up. I mean, someone sent out a fake memorial photo about Tom Kenny (The voice of Spongebob) at first I thought that was the case. Well, hoped is the better word.
    My mom was standing behind me when I read it and she said, "oh yeah, he died yesterday. I forgot to tell you." She informed me that he had battled depression all of his life and guessed it finally got to him. I didn't even know he was depressed! Holy crap, how can you feel so low yet can be able to make a crowd laugh? The characters he played and voiced were all so funny and he even help write the scripts to make them funnier. I really wonder if this could have been preventable; I'd like to hope so. Did he even reach outfor help?
    He was such a huge part of my childhood. I'm so upset and crushed that this happened. And, I still can't wrap my head around it. Like some of you said about being in a state of disbelief and shock. Dang, Patch Adams, Mrs. Doubt fire, Genie from Aladdin, Ramon from Happy Feet and...probably the biggest role of my childhood, Batty from FernGully.:icon_sad:

8. Samantha2014

I grew up watching and loving his films, my kids have grown up and we have watched his films together, he made us feel and appreciate such a range of emotions but we remember him most of all in the times that we laughed. I feel sad that there was no one who could impact him enough to stay, he will be missed but I hope he found his peace.:icon_sad: