1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How fat is too fat for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MDNA, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Foxface

I am right there with you....6'4 and could probably lose about 40-45...stomach had grown somewhat since leaving the military.

I just love walking down the street and having people avoid eye contact. I love hearing that people could never even consider someone like myself

I have been trying for quite some time now to lose this belly bulge. I am 35 almost, metabolism is shot and I try to exercise a lot. Physically speaking I am quite healthy. All lab, heart, digestive issues...all good. But yes my abdominal circumference is too big for most to think I am 'attractive.' Look I am not blaming people for not being attracted to me..and I sure as heck am not blaming people for my own weight issues. My metabolism has slowed but I also know I ate like crap so I can look in the mirror and know who did this...me

I am happily married and not searching...but what I don't like is the history I have had of being turned down due to weight issues. I mean jesus can't someone even make an attempt to try on my personality?

Why don't they just call me fat and get it over with...-shrugs- whatever...nothing I am not used to

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

If the belly covers the belt, thats fat for me.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When it's evident that the fat person isn't taking care of their body.
    If they're trying their best to become healthier, well, I'm in the same boat.
    Either way, we should accept fat people enough to be able to help them instead of ostracize them.

This is coming from a fat person.

4. AlamoCity

I am not exactly skinny at 5'9 ~185lbs :lol:.

Regarding guys, I actually like thicker guys. My preference range goes from "average" to "used to play offensive line in high school football."

However, if his weight causes him any health issues and he doesn't take proactive steps, that might be "too much."

5. LiquidSwords

I am overweight according to BMI, but I actually have very low body fat percentage!

I think it sounds really shallow to say but I don't really find guys who are even slightly overweight attractive. The sexiest thing for me in guys is a flat tummy and defined muscles. That's not to say big muscles necessarily, I don't really care for hench guys I almost prefer skinny, just some sort of definition you know, not blobby.

Also, like others say, there is a link between someone's weight and their lifestyle. I'd like to be with someone who is active like me.

6. ManyProblems

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm like 99% sure I'm straight but no I wouldn't, the only times I've ever had gay thoughts it was BL Manga and with very small feminine figured men but that left over 1% is why I'm on this site. Since I'm not able to answer about men I can with women, I don't care if the girl is a little chubby and even fat wouldn't be unbearable but fat and not trying to be more healthy would be a problem

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would not have to much of problem dating someone who is overweight. I am overweight and even though I have lost 65 lbs in 1.5 years, the BMI chart says that I need to lose another 115 lbs to not be overweight, but that is simply not going to happen. I might lose another 80-85 but that is it, I can't see myself smaller than that and still being healthy.

If someone is happy and healthy, that is all that matters, nothing else.

8. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't matter to me if he's overweight, so long as he has hair on his body. Sorry, I'd rather have a guy with a hairy belly, than a skinny hairless one. I wish I had hair :frowning2:

9. SensesFailX

I honestly don't really care how big the guy is as long as he's healthy, has a great personality and face, and is cuddly. While I also like fit, skinny, and muscular guys, personality is definitely the big winner for me

10. Princess Danica

Appearance comes 2nd to chemistry, but appearance is still important. I mean, you're not gonna date someone who's ugly, or extremely fat. I guess some people would, but I wouldn't.

That being said, 'too fat' for me would be about 50+ pounds overweight for their body mass index. It's at that point that you start to see fat rolls and love handles, which is too much for me.

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your height/weight may be perfectly normal for your frame. That's why the whole BMI thing is faulty. I'm 5'10 and 177 before stepping into the shower, but it moves up to 182 when dressed and on the free machine at the drugstore, which puts me 1% over where my BMI is considered normal. It doesn't consider someone's frame. It's a set formula.

12. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it's a bad thing for overweight people to want to lose weight. I'm pretty overweight, and I want to lose weight...but not enough to actually do it. I get some pressure from family to lose weight, but I don't think I will until I get more pressure from everyone in general. Being overweight is not healthy and it can have longterm health effects when one gets older...even if it's not a morbidly obese type of overweight.

Anyways, I could easily date a chubby guy or chubby girl. I can't really be picky since I, myself, am overweight.

I wouldn't date myself though...I'm too overweight. I can definitely understand why gay guys or straight girls wouldn't want to date a guy with moobs. It's a turn off for me too.

13. Foxface

The two things I know to be true about weight loss are these

1. you HAVE to do it for yourself...not for others...although really any change you want to make has to be interl

and

2. ((I heard this on another website but darn true)) "Lose weight or slim down because you love yourself, not because you hate yourself."

That's been my problem for some time now. I hated myself for looking like this...which of course leads to me wanting to eat even more and the cycle begins

I am slowly and finally learning to love me, stomach and all...and I want to drop these inches for me

14. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, what I meant...is I want to lose weight for myself...but I am a pretty confident guy in the sense that I don't hate being overweight...I just know that being skinny is healthier and would make me happier. I thrive when I have an incentive too, or consequences against me if I don't.

and that's good... you need to love yourself before anything changes.

15. Jybby

Out Status:
    All but family
    (Speaking of gals, not guys here)

My immediate type is tall and skinny without being sharp (I like my human cuddlefriends) but thats just what I would immediately approach (or be too afraid to approach, as the case may be) but not the only type I'd date or be attracted to in the long run.

It ALL comes down to personality and I guess on a physical attraction level how its situated on their body (curves are hnn) but I mean, most of the girls I've dated have been on the bigger size (something friends find funny) I'm a little nervous to date another bigger girl for a while after my last girlfriend though, since she treated me more as a prize or something to show off than a companion a lot of the time, it makes me nervous since I dislike being treated like that seriously (its fine in jest, but I'm a person, not a car)

Idk, their is no "too fat" as long as you're sweet and respectful.

16. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't judge fat people based only on their appearance weight-wise. As long as they're well groomed it doesn't matter, but when their weight affects their overall health then it becomes a problem. I can't judge because I myself am 80lbs overweight, and I'm sure many people avoid me on a romantic level because of my size....... :dry: I'm working on shedding the excess weight but it's taking forever. And in the meantime I remain single :icon_sad:

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

When they can't get out of bed, by themselves.

Until then, it's more of a look and see. If they are trying to stay active, I don't believe it right of me to think ill of them. If they are out and about, but stay stacked, well, some folks have a harder time dropping weight than others. I can't hold that against them either.

Now, when I was younger, I'd have told you, anyone with a baker's belly (I miss the cleverness of middle school lingo, LOL), was not my particular type. Now, bodily shape plays less into my perception of a person, as to how one treats their body.

If one is doing absolutely nothing, it probably isn't wise to get too invested, as they probably won't change. It is possible, but a lot of people who, become overweight, often feel crushed by the reality of what they have to do, that they do not. So, they retreat back into their sedentary habits.

I was beginning to get fat, years ago, but due to not wanting to give anyone, an easy target on myself, to mock and make fun of, I used that as motivation, and still do to a degree, to keep in better shape. I'm not model perfect, or even a body builder, but I am in a better state than enough people.

So, for anyone wanting to lose extra pounds, keep at it. It can be tough and even discouraging, but it will teach you patience and discipline, and gain you relief and confidence. Things that, in my opinion, make life essentially easier to cope with, and manage.

18. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am too fat for myself but I don't really care about the weight of female as long as they are not obese and are healthy. I am more picky with guys and like guys to not have a big tummy and to try and look after there body a bit.

So, I don't really care as long as a guy doesn't look like they are 8 months pregnant with twins.

19. White Knight

If it drops your life quality and cause health problems... that is too fat for me.

Physically I am more attractted to men's faces/general aura. Can't lie a fit body looks nice artistically however I think Kevin James is one of the hottest guys in the show business.

20. SeaSalt

Yeah he does have a certain something. I love Kristian Nairn and he was the inspiration which made me come out of the closet after seeing that not all LGBT people are fitness nuts.