How fat is too fat for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MDNA, Aug 11, 2014.

1. TheAwakening

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Considering I'm attracted bigger/stocky guys, the only time I'm not attracted is when they're bigger than mid-size I suppose?

But, I wouldn't refuse a date if he has a great personality.

2. ProtegeMoi

Chances are an overweight person wouldn't have much in common with me. I ride bikes, run, workout, go hiking and eat healthy. If they are overweight and try to do those things so we can spend time together then cool. Many overweight people are fairly sedentary and thats a deal breaker.

3. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It depends on the person really and if I find them attractive. I guess the limit for me would be it's a health concern they have no intention of fixing or working on.

4. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can't do overweight. I go to the gym, eat healthy, do active things (besides video games heh). I like muscles - they don't need to be big, but I like active people and to stay active. My girlfriend does the same... If it got to the point where she stopped and ballooned for no reason, the relationship would fall apart because I wouldn't be able to have sex with her (or more importantly, wouldn't want to). Frustrations would grow and the spark would probably burn out.

I've dated chubby before, but the end result was we split because our interests were not in line. She didn't like the gym, riding bikes in Texas heat, eating healthy and/or getting out at night.

With that said, if a nice tall guy came along with a great personality... I'd take some less defined muscles and a little tummy.

5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I'm 6'5 and like 40 pounds overweight. This is enough for most guys to stop talking to me. I'm healthy and work out at the gym 3 times a week so its not affecting my health.

I wouldn't date me so I suppose that's where I cross the line. I don't mind if a guy is a little chubby, but if they remind me of me then im not interested.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I see them and can't stop thinking "please lose weight." That being said, I find a little chubiness cute so I guess I would draw the line in the middle of overweight section of the BMI scale.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends on the person and there build and yes

8. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't mind if they a overweight, but the problem for me is that I live a active and healthy life style and generally speaking overweight people have a sedentary lifestyle. On the weekends or such, I don’t just want to sit on couch watching movies/tv shows or play video games. I want to hike, go for a run, walk, hang out with friends. It not like I don’t like watching TV, but if I’m in doors to long I get really grumpy.

9. AAASAS

It really depends on the person, like morbidly, no, if they were chubby ya I guess. It really would depend on who it was. But generally if they weren't able to be active then no.

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd have to see the person. I prefer more meat on the bones than really skinny. That much I know.

11. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be quite fat (around 14 stone at the age of 12) but I managed to lose a large among of weight (I'm not classed as bordering underweight and average) but I unfortunately still have a pot belly which I'm working tirelessly to get rid of, I don't really mind weigh just as long as they are similar to me.

12. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's face it the skinny/fit guys make some cute eye candy. That said I tend to like bigger guys with a body similar to mine maybe a bit bigger. How big is too big? I'd have to say when you are big enough that the flab starts hiding your package. Yea, you are too big. Also starting to notice that even though they don't necessarily fall into the "eye candy" category I tend to be attracted to older guys too.

13. mangotree

I have dated a few bigger guys in the past and I've got several friends who prefer "bigger men".

Some BMI overweight/obese people are actually very fit and have high self esteem - which is easy to find attractive.
    I guess too fat would be if they can't stand for half an hour without needing to sit down.

Personally, I'm BMI obese - yet I can still run 10km or swim 5km without stopping.

14. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Slightly overweight? fine.

Truely fat, not fine.

If a guy can't take care of himself, then i have no interest.
    Might seem cold and shallow, but it's not that hard to move 30 minutes a day.

15. Sitri

Using BMI terms: overweight, shouldn't be a problem, especially if they're on the lighter side of the scale. Obese, they must have impressed me something special, but it wouldn't be out of the question. And I would help and encourage them to lose weight. Morbidly obese, no. I certainly wouldn't want to fall in love with somebody who is going to have a heart attack in a month.

16. Hexagon

It's not a big deal to me.

17. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to be fat....

18. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Too fat would be morbidly obese. Stocky guys can be very hot. :slight_smile:

BMI is pretty flawed. People with lots of muscle can be overweight or even obese - i.e most rugby or American football players.

#38 imnotreallysure, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  19. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The word 'fat' has become charged with too much negative energy nowadays. Big folks are made to feel almost guilty about it, even when there are clearly genetics at play (all of my ex's family are big folks, for example - all of them! And utterly gorgeous too, I might add.) So I prefer the term 'plump' as it sounds kind of cuddly. The only issue for me, is that I'm really slender - 'officially' underweight although I don't subscribe to their label because I've been this way since I was seven and my health has always been fine. Anyway, when I was with my ex, her weight was an issue in that, well she could not lie on me, know what I mean? Really, once she kind of did and without even putting all of her weight on me, I not only had all the air forced out of my lungs, it was impossible to take another breath at all, and I kind of got a free chiropractic adjustment. So just for practicalities in lovemaking, I wouldn't mind someone who was not too much heavier than I, but purely aesthetically, I think plumpness is cute and cuddly!

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, redneck. If I see shoulders and a waist that are too slim, I lose interest. On the other hand, if a woman doesn't have slimmer shoulders and a slimmer waist, I lose interest, too.