1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite books that you bet none of us have ever read.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wuggums47, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mark Robson's Darkweaver Legacy series. The four books are:

1) The Forging of the Sword
    2) Trail of the Huntress
    3) First Sword
    4) The Chosen One

They're intended to be children's/YA books really, but they're like Harry Potter in that they have wide-ranging appeal.

2. paper planes

I really really like "More Than This" and "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness.

3. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I did not see it had to be fiction. Hitler a Biography by Ian Kershaw The historian that wrote this book did a wonderful job. I love history I love to read about people who have created empires.

4. Queer NOS

I am not sure how popular the Kalix Macrinnalch series authored by Martin Millar is (Lonely Werewolf Girl, The Curse Of The Wolf Girl, The Anxiety Of Kalix The Werewolf), but it is a rather amusing series for anyone who is into werewolves, werewolf politics, werewolf hunters, fire elementals, fairies, drug addiction, mental disorders, and a whole onslaught of insanity. It most caters to the teen/young adult crowd, but it is a very intriguing read.

On a heavier note, I also really enjoyed The Weight Of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf in which a young girl with selective mutism and her very vocal friend go missing. My description of this novel may seem cliche, but it is far from a cliche mystery novel.

5. SomeLeviathan

I couldn't make it through the first chapter without wanting to fall asleep out of confusion.

Maybe some day, but today is not the day for Tractatus.

6. stormborn

i was actually going to post about this book, but you've beat me to it! :lol:

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol I: The Pox Party by M. T. Anderson is a brilliant book. i can't do it any justice by explaining it, but it is a historical fiction that takes place during the american war of independence, and is about a boy who is owned by a group of philosophers as a slave, and is essentially the subject of a human experiment. it's very interesting and beautifully written. i'm reading the second book right now :grin:

7. Chief Beifong

This series were the first real novels I read, then it got me hooked to reading so many different novels. The first one I read was Midnight Over Sanctaphrax from The Edge Chronicles by Chris Riddell and Paul Stewart. This is a children's book but it is my all-time favourite. It's an epic fantasy, it has three main trilogy. Quint being the first, Twig (Quint's son) being the second, and Rook (Twig's grandson) being the third main protagonists. I can't really explain the story because it's a really, really long one. It doesn't include any magic, but it includes alchemy, and many made-up species and plants with a steampunk theme.

8. BrittanyBicorn

If You Could Be Mine by Sara Farizan