1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would you join a dating site ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laurenc, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Kat 5

Hell no.

2. thekillingmoon

I have before and I didn't find what I was looking for, someone who was looking for a relationship that is.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did join one once, a while ago, just to see who was on it. You couldn't take a piss on it without paying some outrageous fee just to be able to send a message to someone, or even see who looked at your profile. They are selling your profile to paying members; YOU are the product they are selling. They continue to spam my throwaway email address daily with teasers that "someone is interested in you, pay us $15 a month to see who". Yeah, right, and take a look at this nice bridge in Brooklyn we also have for sale. If you want to waste your time looking at phony profiles of people who will never show up to meet you, or even email you back, just use craigs list; it is free.

4. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah. It's almost as if you're forcing a connection to happen.

I say, let it happen naturally, through reality or a website not designed for dating, whatever.

5. TheStormInside

I would, I did briefly but I got freaked when I saw a few people I knew in real life and suspended my account (since I'm not out that was a bad thing). Once I'm out to all my friends I may rejoin to give it a shot. It sounds like a lot of people have had negative experiences, and that is disappointing to hear. I know a couple of people in relationships now that met through online dating, though, so there are some success stories!

6. Mroom

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have considered online dating sites to get to know more people, but I don't think I'm ready for dating right now.

7. XRay

I hope not

8. timo

I should add to my previous post that I would never pay to use a dating website or app. Would be a waste of money.

9. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind.

(*hug*) hey,I know these are just empty words for you but don't give up :slight_smile: I'm sure you can have a good life just dont give up! Keep trying. Study hard, focus on what you do, try moving to different places.
    There are ppl out there just like you and me, who are not only about sex and we both will find someone good for ourselves :slight_smile:

10. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

Yes, I have. I met my (very recent) ex there. There seemed to be very slim pickings of women I actually wanted to meet and form a relationship with. Unfortunately like any relationship, it took time and real life to discover that we weren't suited after all. Would try again though after a little while to lick my wounds.

11. robotman

I really want to but I am nervous about two things...

1. Worried that no one will find me attractive/I find someone attractive and they don't like me back (it will just annoy me lol).

2. Meet someone that is crazy/ a stalker (I have heard/read about some crazy stories).

12. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just don't hand our your personal information like last name or address and your odds of getting stalked is much lower than the next person!! Also use a throwaway email address if you ever email anyone off a dating site.. These are just a few suggestions that I have if you actually try it.. Just use common sense and you should be fine!!!

13. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    they all hated me and they said im a silly queen and someone talked to me and told me to deactivate my account cause its really not my place there they all want the 1 night stand no more no less keep away from dating sites no body ever got something good from them most people there are useless and not worthy any time im never ever going back to any of those stupid sites T-T

14. PICollins91

This.

I'm after someone who I find a connection with naturally, whether it's over an internet forum in some corner of the web or someone in real life.

15. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Been there, done that, not doing it again - no matter what

People on there are pretty shallow and judge others only on their appearance, without getting to know the person first. So unless I wake up looking like a supermodel, I won't join a dating site again. That said, if I woke up looking like a supermodel, I wouldn't need to join a dating site :grin: Hey, one can dream... :lol:

16. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have not had any good experience with ANY dating website.. I tend to only get spammed by creepy little perverts that scare me to death LOL

17. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Tried.. got bored of it after 10 minutes :lol:

18. Gabe92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, but I eventually quit. I've found going out and doing stuff you enjoy is the best way to meet other people.

19. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had mixed experiences. Met some time wasters who only wanted sex (I didn't), but also met some genuine people who were looking for a real relationship.

I think social sites/groups are better than dating sites though as you have the chance to message people a bit and get a vibe about them before meeting.

20. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought about it a couple years ago, but I need to know a person pretty well before I start dating them.