1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dark Nintendo games???

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Aug 8, 2014.

1. gutsrie

Or the random ghost girl in Pokemon X & Y in that city (which I can't remember the name of) that says something like, "You are not the one...". Lol, it cracks me up but for a little kid, just imagine what they're thinking.

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never played Earthbound, but this video was shown to me. It's funny because the player must agree to their own demise. It seems just a tiny little bit dark to say yes to getting their legs broken and so on!

Also, I agree that some Pokedex entries make you read them twice. For example; "AGGRON claims an entire mountain as its own territory. It mercilessly beats up anything that violates its environment. This POKéMON vigilantly patrols its territory at all times."

Finally, although it isn't a Nintendo game, MadWorld was violent for a Wii game.

3. Doorway

Ditto on Earthbound. Don't even get me started on Gigyas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

IIRC, Starfox Assault was fairly dark. It's been almost 7 years since I last played the game, but from what I remember p, the game revolved around an invading species of parasitic insects that would slowly kill humans (or, well sh*t, what the hell were they? Animal people?) and use them as hosts. They wind up infecting General Pepper, who forces the team to kill him so he doesn't become an accomplice, and at the end of the game they gain access to the alien homworld by having Peppy crash their ship into the shield that cover's the planet. Right the end, Starwolf (the rival/enemy team that winds up helping them out in the end) gets killed in the explosion that destroys the planet. Sadly, the whole thing is kinda ruined by wooden voice-acting and similarly dead character models.