1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else feel like a different person on EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nomdeplume, Aug 6, 2014.

?

Do you feel like you are different on EC than you are in real life?

1. yes

45 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. other (please explain)

15 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well I don think I'm that different but I am different in the sense that I immediately confide in anyone on the site, but other than that I think I'm the same. YES I AM REALLY THIS FLAMBOYANT haha cx I use a lot of hand gestures and I smile A LOT haha :slight_smile: but In person I'm not as quick to confide in someone I do that them but not like tell them alllll my problems that I do with my closest friend Noelia :slight_smile:

2. BornAnew

Nope not really lol!!!! Maybe a bit less over the top actually.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

No.

Even when I speak offline, my word bubbles use Franklin Gothic Medium.

4. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I choose other. When I first came here there was a huge difference between Redneck and me. Since I joined a year ago (just checked joined date Wow that flew by) I have become a lot more like Redneck. I am now out of the closest and am gaining more confidence with myself every day.

There are minor differences though. Here I am not near the wise ass that I am in real life (I know, hard to believe). And in real life I don't have quite the confidence i do here because I don't have any lgbt friends and though my friends know I'm gay there are some things they just don't want to talk about. The biggest difference is I can edit my ADD out of my posts here.
    That said I am 97% the same person here and in real life. If you think Redneck is an ass you will think I'm an ass. If you like Redneck's thought process then you will like mine.

5. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more like myself on empty closets than I am in real life.

This is where I can say everything (gay related) that I would not say to people I actually know.

6. sarahpenny02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I feel like i'm the same person on here, but I'm a little more confident and willing to share more of my experiences with other people in the hope i can help out where i can. In real life i'm very soft spoken, so i like online communication cause otherwise i can get flustered. Also i tend to trust people here easily because i know that i'm not the only one who has had to go through terrible things.

7. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say yes, because I can definitely be more myself on EC. I can be far more free and open about my identity and sexuality which is great, and I can talk freely about my experiences and emotions, which I normally can't do with friends and family.

Since I'm not out in real life I sometimes have to pretend to be super interested in when my friends talk endlessly about hot guys (no offense guys! :slight_smile: ) even when I'm not. And I have to hold back sometimes in real life with my friends haha, like I can't say, "oh I met this really hot and amazing girl when I was out today," or "I guess for a dream date I'd ideally want a road trip with a girlfriend" etc You know, all that :wink:

#27 Alder, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  8. Shamash

I certainly feel that way, though I think it may be because I'm just different on the internet. On the internet I'm a lot more trusting, I think (which is kind of odd). I'm also more prone to speak my mind on the internet, because there's no risk.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a lot more positive and more popular

10. Silas

[​IMG]

11. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

12. Tetra

I act and talk the same in real life as I do on EC, but I guess I'm more open about emotions and stuff on the site.

13. patric

patric Guest

here I am open about my sexuality (gay) and personal likes and dislikes much more here than in real life.
    I am out of the closet here, and it is a nice feeling.

14. kem

kem

I'm pretty much the same here as I am everywhere else, real life and web

15. Candace

I feel happier, more open, and enjoyable than in real life.

16. RainDreamer

I feel like I am with family. Much more comfortable and all that fluffy feelings.

17. TheStormInside

I don't *feel* like a different person, but I do behave in a different way, in that I am much more open, expressive, and honest with myself. Generally speaking, in any online venue I am more apt to say a lot more. In "real life" I tend to be very quiet and reserved. Expressing myself through writing just comes a lot more naturally to me. And, obviously, here I can share things that I'm not yet telling everyone in the real world because you all are going through the same sort of thing that I am.

18. wanderinggirl

I feel the same but I feel like in person people seem to, i guess, get me better. But then I don't really talk as openly about sexuality/gender in person.

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm more out spoken on ec in real life, I hardly ever give an opinion and usually I'm the person just observing , I also hide my opinions. On ec I'm my true self in real life not so much.

20. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I like it on EC because I feel open and more free to express what I actually think and feel.