Terrible anxiety around opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Eric Dave, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Did you ever feel really anxious (not nervous now but like fearful, very anxious) around the opposite sex and was that a reason you discovered you were gay?

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I wasn't scared of the actual person, but I can't say what I was scared of. I know that sounds weird. Whenever I was around a guy, I would not want to sit close enough to touch them. Even if we were dating. My last boyfriend could tell you that I had a weird thing about physical contact. Holding hands was ok, but hugging wigged me out. We never kissed because I just couldn't. I didn't want to.

Then, I saw one of his best friends (a girl) and I just wanted to talk to her soooooo bad. Of course, she was there for him, not me, so she wanted nothing to do with me. I think she is extremely gorgeous. I realized finally, "Hmmm, maybe I don't just like guys." I rather be with a girl, hug a girl, kiss a girl, etc. I have no idea why I'm so weird around guys.

3. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have always had anxiety and not knowing why. After my first attempt of sex with a girl I convinced myself I had contracted aids (she was a virgin!!!) and I got this terror feeling in my chest.
    I have gotten it when someone picks a fight on me, or when I am afraid I have some cancer or something.

Anyway I got it around girls lately particularly when they bring me back to their house for sex. I have Erectile dysfunction and the fear maybe I wont be able to perform and so terror strikes me.

MAybe its coz Im gay.

Its a feeling in my chest.

I have gotten it over things and havent a clue why. Just if I feel out of my comfort zone I get it.

4. bitchstewie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes, i was terrified of the opposite sex. The one day when 13ish, the thought 'you're gay' popped in to my head. I felt sick with worry, but then repressed the feelings. it's not that I ever fancied a boy, or had urges to have sex with men, it was my fear of women that made me come to the conclusion.
    I like the female form, it certainly doesn't repulse me, and I've had quite a few sexual partners, all be it one nighters. And I've never had a problem with physical arousal.
    But, if I know a girl likes me, it kind of scares me.
    I guess I'm scared of the emotional intimacy and 'that' connection. Which leads to believe I must want that with a man - but I don't.
    I can talk to girls and get them interested, but I never pursue potential partners. Alcohol has a lot to answer for - my alter ego comes out and I turn in to a cad.
    I've decided to go to a gay club sometime - whilst the idea of being with a man doesn't do much for me, I'm certainly curious (it's the unknown) and hey, I could be missing a trick!
    I'm going to see a psychiatrist, as my issues maybe from things that happened in my childhood. I used to be a proper strong headed focused kid, puberty is where it started to go wrong haha.