1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel bad that you'll have to adopt children?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MassiveExtract, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Adoption

1. Yes, I heavily regret it.

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Perhaps, but it doesn't affect me.

16 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. I'll find other ways of having children.

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. No I don't, I want to adopt.

54 vote(s)
    65.1%
  1. TurtleCat

Well, I'm bisexual... but I have always felt that I'd rather adopt than give birth anyway. I actually don't ever want to have kids biologically, for various reasons (namely, certain genetic diseases in my family), however, I would not entirely be against the idea of adopting. I think it makes more sense to give a child that's already born a good home rather than contribute to our already existing overpopulation problem, anyway.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm that dedicated and selfless to be a parent. And I'm kinda feeling like kids just aren't my thing.

But if I did
    This.

3. Adarya

Even if I do want to have kids one day it would not be that troubling to me. I sort of want to adopt, and if that for some reason is not an option there are still other ways as well. It is definitely something that I don't feel bad about.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I absolutely DO NOT want kids. I never have. So, it's something I don't think about.

While this is a valid thread, and I'm not disputing that, another poll option which would have described how I think a lot of people here feel - sort of like I do about the subject - might have been nice.

---------- Post added 5th Aug 2014 at 08:43 PM ----------

I agree with you on both counts, Mike.

5. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope, heck if I end up with someone who has had children then that is okay as well :slight_smile:

6. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    maybe surrogacy..

7. Gregarity

Ehhhh
    Pets are better than small children imo

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If anything, I feel good about it. There are lots of children out there who need loving homes.

Edit: Also, pregnancy scares me. I wouldn't want to be pregnant myself or want my wife to be. I would worry to much about her and the baby.

#48 YuriBunny, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  9. person57

No. There's no reason to feel bad. I don't even want kids anyways tbh.

10. Chief Beifong

I'm no good with little kids, especially if they have more confidence than I do (which is almost every kid I meet). But as a kid, I've always wanted a big family, especially when I visit my cousins (I have 15 aunts and uncles in total!). I've never felt lonely with my brother but I just feel happier in a bigger group (especially not being the eldest).

I've always considered adopting a child or two (that's what I told my teacher when I was 7 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). But now as a lesbian, I really want to adopt. I feel content enough in giving a home to orphans

and I really don't want to get pregnant.:grin:

#50 Chief Beifong, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  11. dizzyCalysto

Out Status:
    All but family
    While I'm not 100% sure, I don't think I would ever want children. To be honest, I would rather be a cool aunt than a mom. If the time came when I did want to have kids. I would totally adopt.

12. littlemonster11

Having biological children is still a possibility for me, but that doesn't change the fact that I want to adopt still. I look forward to it!

13. Ryujin

I think it makes more sense to make another person's life better than to have children and possibly have one of them live a horrible life. Also, the world is very close to being overpopulated and having less children is probably a good thing. People are born faster than people die. That is getting to be scary.

14. AAASAS

I'm pretty sure I'm going to want kids, so adoption; only within this country though too many people go to foreign countries to adopt when there are plenty of kids already here that need parents.

I'd just have to be more financially secure...career. But for sure would do it.

15. CosmicNautilus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never really had the inclination to have children myself, but I always thought if I did, I'd adopt =) I don't think genetics really play a role in what constitutes a family (family's more profound than that to me...) So I think it's BS when people talk about how an adopted kid is any less part of your family than a biological child is =/ I always thought it was better to adopt anyway... Kids get orphaned and given up by their parents every day; if you want kids, adopt! =)

16. Maeve

As a woman, I could always use donor sperm. I think I'll probably have one, maaaaybeee two bio kids, then adopt. Or maybe skip the whole pregnancy thing altogether. It's overrated.

There are so many kids who need homes in the US alone. When I'm ready, I hope I can adopt.

17. Randomcloud

I'll probably try something like IVF especially since adoption is so ridiculously difficult, at least over here. But if I did end up being able to adopt, I would have no problem with it- I think it's beautiful to give a child the life and love they deserve. I would be just as happy with an adopted child than with a biological child :slight_smile:

18. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't have any qualms about adoption. Considering that I am very concerned about over population and genetically passing something onto my offspring.

19. Weekender

Even before I had recognized my gayness, I had always thought I would prefer to adopt. Of course, my reasoning was a bit more selfish when I was younger, in that I just really didn't want to go through childbirth. Now I've hit that "babies are awesome" stage and it makes me a little sad that I most likely won't be able to see what parts of me my kid(s) will have inherited. Still, there is no shortage of good reasons to adopt, and if I can make the world a happier place for a child -- whether they are biologically related to be or not -- I'd be delighted.

20. Abbra

Naw, I've always wanted to adopt over making a kid myself. If my partner wants to give birth to a biological child, I won't stop them. However, I'm definitely adopting at least one kid. There are plenty of kids who need homes.