1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you fly under the gaydar?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kosygin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. IJustWantToLove

I have no idea if I set off people's gaydar...

2. Hiems

Definitely under the radar. Everyone assumes that I'm straight - _ -

3. julianne

I'm very feminine, so people always assume I'm straight. They get quite a shock when they see me kissing my girlfriend :icon_wink

4. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Im guessing people do because alot of people talk to me about girls.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think so, but apparently not. It would seem I have certain characteristics, mannerisms and interests that set off other people's gaydar.

6. ChibiXio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I trip it off big time. This one girl thinks I'm lesbian and has been telling some people around school. No one believes her but I feel paranoid now.

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, one of my queer friends said he wouldn't suspect me in a random setting, and several friends and family members were surprised when I came out to them. I hardly get approached by gay people, either, but that could be for any number of reasons.

Sometimes I'll troll bigoted people online, by purposely bringing up queer topics, then get the whole "GAY!" comments. It's hard to tell if it's being used as a general insult, if they really see through me, or perhaps some combination of both.

8. Notsoshure

Despite The fact that i have a really "guyish" haircut, and i'm kinda tomboyish, i fly under The gaydar.
    My friends suspected it, and it was before i was all "lets Get short hair". I've just met so many who think girls with short hair = lesbian, so yeah probably why i have been surprised people i come out to are like "WOW no way! Really?!".

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM ----------

Hahah My avatar doesn't really help at all. I rarely wear make up i promise xD

9. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Well, the fact that I got short hair and dress not girly doesn't help here.
    All of my friends think I'm straight, I totally surprised my mom and dad and of course my best friend that didn't assume anything.
    So somehow I fly under the gaydar.
    At least so far:grin:

10. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ide like to say yes, but it just isnt true. I was the male equivelent of a hardcore tomboy... LOL. As far as people not believing me if i told them to face?? Yeah kinda, people did that for other reasons than not beliving me.. Ive had an abnormal as hell family and it was really awkward for my family.. Not so much people outside my family though. They always say well duh...

Im not a drag queen or anything and i do fit in with the gay out community, but i was really wimpy when i was a kid. LOL

11. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't fly under anything, I look like a highly feminine boy right now.. Some people even assume I'm a natural born female if they just catch a small look at me right now.. Maybe my clothes don't help me fly under too, I only wear unisex clothes right now. I also wear a lot of neutral colors like green. My hair is currently very short, some people don't know what to think of me.

12. hoodie boy

Typically, nobody assumes I'm gay. The only person that's ever figured it out was a guy who noticed how often I flirted with his best friend.

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here we go again. That's ok.

Somewhere between my infant years but before puberty, probably not as much. As I've gotten older, yes. I tend to be asked about my wife and children. If they could only see some things I've done! I just tell them I'm single and laugh it off. Some just shrug and some seem downright judgmental. BFD.

However, with more personal exposure and knowing me longer, people pick up on some cues. It's not so much the presence of cues as it is the absence of expected criteria.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's where I've been "busted." Looking at some handsome suit downtown a split second longer than I should have and/or getting fidgety when near that person. That has really, really tapered off, but the getting fidgety was a real problem once upon a time, such as during college and in my early work years.

15. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Nope haha cx I'm the fucking phoenix! Haha if you see me, you kin of assume I'm gay cx I'm going to be honest :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

16. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every single person I've talked to said they wouldn't have guessed. This would help explain why I've felt like such a perfect fraud even when I was being totally truthful. Still hiding something. Even when I had hair to the middle of my shoulders. Just don't look it when I dress the usual way I guess.

17. vendettaxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For the most part when anyone finds out in my experience, they've all said something along the lines of "knowing as much" which I guess im slightly obvious then. I dunno. Its not like I "act gay" whatever that means lmao

18. otter

I'm literally the straightest looking girl in existence. No one has a clue.

19. Adarya

Apparently I am getting more obvious as time goes on. No one suspected at all when I first was questioning, but now that people know that I've never had a boyfriend or been interested it is not that hard for them to guess that I'm gay. Overall, though, I'm not the most obvious, and I honestly don't think anyone could tell if they were meeting me for the first time (and knew nothing about me).

20. ChameleonSoul

I'm guessing that I fly under the gaydar. Every person that I have ever come out to has always thought that I was straight and my friends always talk about girls with me or if I'm going to get a girlfriend at some point.