1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are looks important to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kosygin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. BornAnew

I always find this question hard to answer.

Predicting in what way or manner I may fall for someone is very difficult as sooo many factors go into that kinda stuff!

My ex-bf's looks were a big part of me being attracted towards him..but maybe that's why it didn't work out as the novelty of someone being good looking can wear off a while into the relationship...you can still appreciate they look good but its the personality that will keep you passionate thereafter and that will keep the relationship happy.

So yeah looks don't matter as much anymore. Kindness, a natural warmth, similar life values and love for Titanic + 'My heart will go on' trumps all else. (jk @ the last two lolz)

2. thekillingmoon

Among other things, yes. I wouldn't date someone I didn't find physically attractive. There are also other things that add up to attraction, it's like a combination of looks, personality, mannerisms, etc.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think looks matter, but the character plays a huge part in it, too. That's much more important I think. :icon_bigg

4. tulipinacup

I think every person has a different taste when it comes to looks. Of course looks are important to me but that doesn't mean that other people would agree but that's my own perception. I do admit that I seem to be attracted to douchebags but this all lasts for about an hour or so because I get so turned off with their personality.

Looks are important but personality triumphs at the end of the day.

5. ZeroDarkness

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To a small extent, yes. Obviously you should be somewhat attracted to someone if you are dating them. However, personality is massively more important to me, as looks fade over time (and the fact that looks can be changed quite a lot as well).

6. Pereirar

Pereirar Guest

To me thats the first thing I notice but just looks gets you no where with me...not even in bed. Character is what truly wins me over.

7. laurenc

laurenc Guest

the arent very important to me . tbh most people who are generally seen as "unattractive" are generally very nice people who would do most anything for you and never expects anything in return .

8. kosygin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    But that's sort of like desperation, laurenc. People who go out of there way to be nice are often looking for acceptance -- and sometimes that's not so attractive. Makes them appear too needy.

9. laurenc

laurenc Guest

are you impying that there is something wrong with someone who would like to find someone who will love them unconditionally ?

10. Good looks are nice, but honestly, I fell in love with a guy one time who I didn't think was good looking at all, but funny thing, as I got to know him, he started to look better to me. Well, he didn't look any different than before, but it's just that even though his looks weren't my type, I started to appreciate how he looked because that was how he, the person I loved, looked.

At first, yeah, you want to find someone good-looking, but I could seriously see myself falling in love with the "worst" looking person in the world, as long as I loved who they were inside.

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good looks grab my attention, but they're not what matters in the long run.

12. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but I don't have a single type of person I'm attracted to.

I'm not interested in people I'm not physically attracted to. But it takes more than looks to last.

14. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They used to be a huge factor for me, but now not so much. For me, it is things like personality, whether or not they have any morals (etc.) that tend to decide whether or not I will be inclined towards them. For instance, someone could have a nice face, but could have a cold heart. That's not the type of person I would want to be with.

15. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I honestly don't know how to answer that??? I mean for ME it's not the main thing I mean I'm more of a personality guy :slight_smile: I mean uff do prefer a guy with a living personality and who uses a lot if romantic gestures :slight_smile: all I wish for is that a guy with a nice personality! Why are they so hard to find /.\

16. TurtleCat

It depends.

I do like good looks to a certain extent. Ideally, I'd want my partner to have both good looks and a good personality. But if it comes right down to it, personality > looks. I'd rather date a person who was average or even ugly, but had a great personality and wasn't shallow, to someone who was attractive but had as much personality as a doorstop.

17. the haunted

Of course looks are important. I don't want to sleep with someone that looks like a truck. I do happen to think the average looking women are the most beautiful. They're confident, but not to the point that they're full of themselves. I like a cute face, smaller boobs, and a cute butt.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I think is beautiful isn't always what everyone else thinks is beautiful.

But yes, looks are important to me. I wouldn't date a cute girl with an ugly personality, though.

18. Complex

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    looks can be important i guess i dont have a particular look i like though i generally like people for there personality and in a way you can tell a persons personality with the way they look like what clothes and there expressions anyway....not that i get attracted to many people...

19. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I certainly do think looks are important, but it's not like I'm only attracted by "supermodels." "Average" looking people are great. I mean, heck, I'm no starling; I'm average myself. ._. Ultimately, though, I do prioritize personality over looks.

20. 101DeadRoses

I don't think looks are the most important thing about someone, but they are important...
    Hear me out.

If someone looks fairly healthy, in all liklihood they are fairly healthy.
    If they have a different body type than the norm, and they carry it well, they have pride.
    If they sport a crazy hairstyle they aren't likely to be tied down to what's popular.
    And if they smile at the people who look at them weird, they are rebellious (a sought after quality for me) and don't give a s**t.
    And I like boobs. But then again, I like a lot of things and garishly large boobs aren't one.