1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Cliche) In love with friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Silver Springs, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Notlad

Is your username a reference to the Fleetwood Mac song? Because it is literally my favorite song.

Glad to hear things have gone well. I hope the two of you end up together!

2. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    any updates to this?

3. Silver Springs

I'm so sorry for keeping everyone in the dark for the last couple of months. But everything has just been so hectic for me. I will try to fill in any blanks!

First things first; I came to all my other close friends. To my utter shock, they were all actually surprised (and all very supportive!). The surprise was a shock though. I'm a guy who has always been openly a little stereotypically feminine, but apparently no one guessed. Next step; tell parents, but I know that they'll make a big deal out of it.

I have started seeing someone. He is the friend of a friend of a friend. He is one of the hottest guys I've ever met, with an absolutely gorgeous face and a smoking body. We've been going out for a month now. We are very close physically and emotionally. I started seeing him after being introduced by a friend who was fed up with me moping around. I'm happy.

But I feel guilty. I still have feelings for my other friend. I might even still love him. But I wouldn't betray my boyfriend (I love being able to say that!) by acting on them. My other friend had been seeing someone else for the last couple of months. This other person broke it off last week.

Even beyond the issues of fidelity (being faithful is still something I take seriously), I don't know if I would risk taking another step with my friend. Our friendship is in a REALLY good place right now.

My life really is quite convoluted... Anyway, that's my love life for the last couple of months.

---------- Post added 15th Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM ----------

Yes! You're the first person to make the link. It's my favourite song as well (tied with Dreams and the Stevie Nicks demo of The Chain).

4. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    very nice, congratulations, glad things are going well for you.

5. Notlad

It's actually my favorite Fleetwood Mac song and one of my absolute favorite songs in general!

I'm glad to hear coming out has gone well for you!

6. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey I'm really glad that things are going well on your end :slight_smile: I really wish you happiness with your new boyfriend. Remember, while you haven't ended up with your former crush, you say your friendship is in a great place right now, and having good friends to lean on is (for me at least) one of the most important things in life!

7. Silver Springs

Sooooo... I just broke up with my boyfriend. I think. I didn't actually tell him I was breaking up, I just walked away. Apparently he has been seeing not one but two guys on the side.

8. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, friend.

That sucks. I don't actually understand how people manage to cheat on someone else. What's the point? Why would you do that if you're already dating someone? It boggles my mind.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that. Keep your head up. If he wasn't able to see how great you are, then he wasn't worth it. Dump him and go your own way.

Wishing you the best!

9. user123456

Out Status:
    Some people
    Aw I'm sorry to hear that :frowning2:

But don't give up! You're a great guy and I'm sure you can find someone who's worthy of you :slight_smile:

10. soulcatcher

Any updates?

11. RedFireFly

What the hell... Some people utterly disgust me.
    Sorry to hear that ;~; I hope it works out ;3