1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concealer and make up for guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Perseus

I know that feminine gay guys like to wear makeup, but what if you're more neutral or towards masculine...? How much concealer/makeup is acceptable for a guy? For example... filling in brows? eyeliner? clear mascara? contouring? full-on foundation? eyeshadow? lipstick?

Also, do you think that it's a stereotypical gay thing to do?

(For most days, I barely even care about putting anything on my face. But when it's like a date or a party, I would probably put on a bit of concealer...)

I also think it's the fact that for a guy, if someone can tell that you're wearing makeup in public, they automatically judge you. Yes girls, I am kind of jealous, but I'm also too lazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Acceptable" is a word made up by self-righteous people that think they have the right to judge even actions that have no negative effect on others.

Wear however much makeup you'd like, it's your right to do so :wink:.

Eh, people can call it stereotypical, but I've seen just as many straight as queer men wearing makeup. While I'm sure the percentage is higher in queer men, in reality it mostly just depends on the person.

Unfortunately I don't wear makeup myself so I haven't any tips to give you about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#2 Browncoat, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Nope not stereotypical thing to do if it helps you who says you can't do it. But don't go over board big bold RED lipstick sharpie eyebrows. Yea ⬅️ That you want to avoid cx but I don't think you NEED it unless you have a blemish here or a pimple there (thank GOD! I almost never get them[my face cleanser works great]). Just like I said don't go way over board.
    Hope I helped, which I HIGHLY doubt /.\

4. Aquacielo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Trick is to make it look as natural as possible, I use concealers; I do partial coverage for class presentations/out with friends while full coverage only for special occasions though I don't necessarily wear it everyday, I also use liner but only for evening classes/night outs.

And no I don't think it's stereotypical for gays since not everyone prefers to wear makeup, and yeah sometimes I too feel lazy to even put anything on hahaha there are just days when you just want to rock the natural no makeup look :lol:

That's one issue though, but it doesn't mean you're gay just because you use makeup :lol: How about metrosexuals? Most of them wear make up and they aren't gay haha

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Personally I think all makeup is ugly on all people, but I would say that the acceptable limit is probably when your makeup layer is 3 inches thick coming off your face. In other words, wear whatever you want.

6. Candace

I'm gay and I have never used makeup in my life. I just don't find any benefit in using it (like someone in my case).

7. The only time I've ever used makeup was when I dressed up as a zombie for Halloween.

I would use concealed when I'm taking school pictures, but only if I have a giant zit.

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use a light concealer on blemishes, rashes or scars as/when necessary. Nothing too heavy though, as it shows.

I don't think this counts as make up, but.. I use eye contour gel everyday to reduce signs of tiredness and during the winter I might use a tanning moisturiser so I don't look pale and ill.

9. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Makeup on men. Hmmm. No. I don't wear it, I don't think I could deal with obvious wearers of it as an other half. Makeup like on women can look really natural or it can look really quite horrible. When guys start to plant it on that's an issue for me personally. I suppose it normally starts when guys want to cover up acne and it spills on from there.

10. wolf of fire

I wear nail polish and that is it but really wear what you want.