1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I have nothing against gay people, but..."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BobObob, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "I have nothing against gay people, but why to they have to flaunt their lifestyle and try to push it on the rest of us?" - Chemistry Classmate.

2. wolf of fire

My dad's friend when the topic of homosexuality came up "it's bloody unnatural " and when talking about the beaded Austrian women (whose name I have forgotten) "simply a pervert trying to get attention"

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I heard some people saying this and how they support gays and I got angry and said if your saying it's wrong then you don't support us and I wouldn't want your support at all and your no better than the bigots just because your being nice about it .:tantrum:

I have nothing against gays , in fact I support gays but I think it's a sin it's Against God , I do support them .

Who the hell wants that kinda support .:tantrum:
    and they actually thought they were supportive because they were being nice about their bigotry :rolle:

#23 stocking, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    " But they shouldn't adopt children" one of my girlfriend told me that

5. Lewis

This thread pretty much describes my best friend.

'I have nothing against gay people but, I don't like the ones are are in your face gay.'

I seriously have to grit my teeth. I do argue, but there's no getting through to him.

6. justjade

I hear that so much, and it pisses me off. Then they have to go into detail and act all disgusted and make weird faces and shit. :dry:

7. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im so sorry

8. Tardis221B

I heard both of these while I was still closeted to myself. It makes so much more sense now why I was so personally offended and afraid to speak up . . .

"I have noting against gay people, but I just don't think they should be allowed to have children. Kids need a male and a female role model." :dry:
    - A homophobic friend, who managed to get half of the group to agree with him​

"I have nothing against her being gay, but I feel distanced from her now. Does that make sense?" :eusa_doh:
    -A well intentioned friend who just found out a relative was a lesbian. How I wish I would have spoken my mind and told her no it doesn't make sense...

#28 Tardis221B, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  9. One Man Army

Luckily I haven't had to deal with any of these obnoxious comments from family members or 'friends' but I'm not out so...

Some of them are almost funny if they weren't pouring with prejudice. I'm sorry some of you have had to deal with such comments though :frowning2:

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I have nothing against gay people, I just think we should send them to prison for their unnatural lifestyles.