1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scariest fictional monster?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wuggums47, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely the Michelle Bachman

2. closetcase000

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Mr. Mime, Jinx, scyther, onyx, gyaryados, tentacruel I don't want to face those

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed.

I hate this one.

4. justjade

All of them! I scare kind of easily. :lol:

Seriously, though, the clickers from The Last of Us scared the holy living hell out of me. If you Google them, yeah, they're pretty gross, especially the reason they look the way they do, but unless you've seen them in action, simply knowing what they are doesn't even scratch the surface.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Google'd them. They remind me of The Gatherers, of Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Same thing, you need to see them in action.

:badgrin:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    SCP 173. I haven't even played the game; just the description scares the piss out of me.

7. Candace

:roflmao: This made my day!!

But seriously, I forgot about Slenderman. He's creepy too :eek:

8. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me, Chris Walker, the Wallrider and the Witch are all tied. I've never played Outlast, but I've seen Markiplier play it and damn, it's extremely scary. The Witch from L4D is especially terrifying if you're unlucky enough to have either a horde or a Tank spawn in the same area with her.

I can no longer take Slenderman seriously after seeing this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6F_piB_HE

9. PICollins91

I would have to say the creature from John Carpenter's version of The Thing, something that not only wants to kill you but can morph itself into one of your friends and pick you off one by one. And the noise it makes in the movie is blood curdling.

10. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, I love to just watch that episode to freak me out. The worst thing is that The Doctor didn't even get to really find out how it existed and what it really was. I also do not like the Vashta Nerada especially since I love libraries and forests.

Also I was reading this book that the creatures were slightly based on Zombie like creatures but they were smart and evolving in a way and they do not happen from biting or whatever they happened from radio waves and Hormones in people. I juts found it terrifying how the creatures were still humans, had brains, were evolving yet still wanted human blood and would kill at all cost. Also everyone that turned were people between puberty and 25ish, everyone form 25-60 instantly died when it happened but a few exceptions lived and didn't turn for complicated reasons.

There are a lot of creatures that scare me.

11. Dented

The Frostbite Spiders from Skyrim. Imagine every terrifying aspect of spiders you can, put them into one, then literally drop them on your player character's head every now and again.

12. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it's probably the shop dummies from Dr Who, that was the first Dr Who episode I watched and I was only five, I still find them unsettling. But yeah the angels come a close second and the xenomorphs from alien are pretty scary too.

13. Sitri

That's the dullest description I've ever heard. It's Lovecraftian. It's waist is so thin it doesn't exist, it is a point contracted to the edge of nothing. Taller than the trees but the same size as man, everything about its appearance is contradictory.

Any man that glimpses this impossibility starts to go mad and slowly turns into a Wendingo. The worst part is that those around cannot tell if the transformation is real, or the sufferer just has cabin fever and is taking a ghost story too seriously . Maybe we should kill the afflicted just in case. That's madness... which means it's already gotten to us, we must kill ourselves!

The Wendigo's hunger is immense. It can be seen chewing at moss in a futile attempt to satiate the hunger. Strangely, it rarely takes more than one bite from its victim, so it takes the best bite. It will rip apart the ribs and bite the still beating heart, drinking and washing itself in the crimson flood. A baptism of blood. The rest of the body it likes to play with. One of the tamer examples is to impale the victim on the top of the tree and use the innards as garlands, organs as ornaments. A christmas tree of gore.

It is nearly impossible to kill. If you hunt it, it will stalk you in the dark, whispering sweetly into your ear about the beauty of blood, its warmth and taste, the majesty of feeling it flow. If you somehow manage to kill it, you will find a body no more monstrous than you. That can't be the Wendingo. In your grief, you refuse to eat for several days. Overcome by great hunger, you begin to wonder if moss will ease your stomach...

14. PaganPoetry

The Cenobites from the Hellraiser series are pretty freaky (and stylish)...but it's always the zombie movies that I can't watch, like the walking dead and 28 days later and stuff because zombies freak me out to much .....cuse it's like theyre human but not really , the worse part is when they show the characters having to kill already dead relatives....idk a zombie apocalypse would be the worst tbh

15. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm usually most afraid of anything that moves in a surreal way that shouldn't be possible. The monsters in Courage the Cowardly Dog horrified me as a child, haha. Them and deep sea monsters.

16. TurtleCat

The aliens from the Alien series are definitely up there.

Freddy Kreuger

Leatherface

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.

17. Kat 5

Headcrabs from Half-Life 2. A lot more scary than their predecessors.

18. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Or even worse, losing one's mind and becoming like her...*shudder*

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2014 at 07:21 AM ----------

For me, the 'Dementors' from Harry Potter films are pretty scary. "Dementors sense and feed on the positive emotions, happiness and good memories of human beings, forcing them to relive their worst memories". So presumably, one gets 'drained' of all one's happiness, and is only left with sadness...just as well they don't actually exist!

#38 Damien, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am one of the world's premiere spider-haters, and I find Skyrim's profoundly creepy. But at the same time they're also pretty crab-like once you get up close to them; they don't fully have the spindly features that make regular spiders repulsive. Until you see the giant ones which drop fully spread from the ceiling. I take great pleasure in taking them out from a distance lol.

Shelob in ROTK and Harry Potter's acromantulas were still more disturbing I think.

20. Polterpup

Oh my gosh, Freddy is my childhood hero! I took my mum's Nightmare on Elm Street tapes when I was three...and watched them. And loved them. Ya know...maybe that's why I have problems. But Freddy is boss anyway!