1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: your view of religious clergy people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tightrope, Jul 20, 2014.

?

your view of religious clergy people

Poll closed Nov 17, 2014.
  1. I identify with a religion and mostly think positively of clergy members

6 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. I identify with a religion and mostly think neutrally of clergy members

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. I identify with a religion and mostly think negatively of clergy members

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. I do not identify with a religion and mostly think positively of clergy members

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. I do not identify with a religion and mostly think neutrally of clergy members

27 vote(s)
    32.5%
  6. I do not identify with a religion and mostly think negatively of clergy members

27 vote(s)
    32.5%
  7. Other viewpoint

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. ohnobro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion man.

2. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I need to applaud your for the good use of a proper film quote. :eusa_clap

Yeah, it's just my opinion. It's subjective and heavily influenced by how I feel about this topic, and that's why admitted to being mad earlier on. Since my feelings on the matter ARE on topic, I decided to share them, even though I was a bit... harsh.

I could have been much, much harsher, but I decided not to. No matter how strongly I might disagree and feel about some people's way of.... approaching these kinds of topics, it's just, like, their opinion man, and they're entitled to it. I -try- to respect them, but regarding some specific topics, it's very hard for me to really do that.

#42 Black Raven, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  3. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clergy members teach what they believe, some listen to their preachings others don't. I feel that as long as a clergyman isn't trying to make me straight or perform an exorcism on me they can do what they want.

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love you regardless.

#44 QueerTransEnby, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  5. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Awww, that's a sweet edit. Thanks! (*hug*)

I hate standing in queue, so I like that reply much better.

I don't hate you regardless, by the way.
    I just very, very strongly disagree with some of your beliefs to the point of getting mad when I think about them. I can't help that.

But I can just forget about your belief and appreciate you for who you are, since... err... I at least hope that your faith is not all what makes you.

6. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Until I was about 8 we went to a methodist church. Then my family stopped going all together. (Now my dad just sits at home and watches one of those megachurch shows in his underwear every sunday morning.) Ive been to a Baptist service with a friend when I was young and attended Scout Sundays at a Catholic church when I was in the Boy Scouts. (our troop was sponsored by the Catholic church).

Ive never been religious. (heck during the methodist days I was always crawling underneath the pews grabbing peoples legs, I was the devil of the church) I respect all religions and never judge anyone based upon their religious background. I consider myself spiritual but not religious. I will say this I will only let two people ever judge me- God, and Judge Judy (love her).

7. TheUglyBarnacle

I am an atheist but I was raised Orthodox Christian. I mostly view the clergy in a negative light. They're the reason we're such a backwards country on human rights.

8. dsilvain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It´s not that I judge someone just because they're catholic, but throughout the centuries the church has been behind so many nasty things, along with many other religious groups, that when someone tells me their catholic i always try to see where they stand with 2 things: xenophobia and homophobia if that's clear than we're good to go.
    But at any rate I'm even a christian (not catholic, christian) but when someone starts with "praise the lord" I immediatly start to wonder if that person might be a homophobe, which is awful, and weird of me since I try not to judge people based on beliefs or phisical appearance but I can't help itwith catholics... (sigh) I feel so bad about it