1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with two people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cass, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Cass

Have you ever had that problem?
    How did u handle it?

I think I'm starting to fall for a close friend, but it may not be love I guess. I am also currently in a serious relationship. I haven't had to deal with this problem before, so I don't know how to handle it

2. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I haven't been in the situation you speak of, so I can't offer experience-based advice.
    What kind of outcome do you think you would want, ideally?

3. Jason29

I think you need to decide who you want to be with and take it from there its not fair on both of them if you keep them hanging.

4. Aquacielo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know in your heart that one of them weighs heavier than the other and that one of them can reciprocate the love you give tenfold, you're just afraid of letting go two wonderful people, choose one and do the other one a favor by giving him a chance to find someone probably better, someone who can give him the kind of love he needs. Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Candace

I try talking to them and find out which one likes me back, has a better personality, and where the relationship can be the most practical. If I like two guys, one from Alabama and the other from Edinburgh, Scotland, then obviously I'll go with the guy from Alabama since it'd be easier to see him and vice-versa.

6. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I've been in a similar situation and we had a poly relationship that was full to the brink with love, joy and very, very dirty fun. The difference is that I wasn't already IN a relationship before it happened.

So, well, yeah.
    I chose both. And the other way around.
    Worked out more than just fine.

But that's really not for everyone.
    I doubt the persons you talk about would appreciate such a suggestion. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    As I said, you already ARE in a relationship, that's the issue here.

What I do know is that you CAN love more than one person at the same time, and no, the love for one of them does not HAVE to be stronger or weaker.

7. Foxface

being poly myself, I may be accepting of it...but if you are looking for just one of them, it's time for some introspection. Take time, feel the situation out and over time you'll learn where your feelings fall

it sucks I know...just be honest with you and give yourself time and space to consider all the options without external input and your answer will be there

8. lowkey

lowkey Guest

take a minute and reflect on everything you have been through with your current girlfriend in the past. and if you want to continue the tradition.

also you didnt state this. is your friend a guy or girl. and if she id a girl is she a lesbian?