Ladies: Do you ever feel uncomfortable in feminine clothing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by the haunted, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Laelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nope. I don't wear skirts or dresses, but I wear heels, flats, prints (subdued), pastels, etc. My style tends to gravitate to neutral colors for the office, so I tend to wear a lot of black, gray, etc.

2. QueerQueen

Somewhat, I wear a lot of skinny jeans, pretty feminine tops and snug fitting clothes even own some belly tops. I find skinny jeans a little uncomfortable but love to wear them. I find dresses pretty comfortable although I feel very self concious wearing them so I rarely do. I hate anything strapless because I feel like I always have to pull the material up to cover my chest. When I get home I go to my room and change into pajama pants and a baggy shirt and I LOVE it.

3. 101DeadRoses

I don't like wearing pastels. Or colorful things. Or floral. I used to. When I was six.
    Now that I'm accepting and nourishing my gothiness, I REALLY dislike wearing color. It just feels wrong to me.
    Also, I really hate wearing skirts and having to sit a certain way, which is why I'm looking for some pants.

4. Sabot Kitty

I don't feel uncomfortable with wearing feminine-coded clothes personally, but it's usually safer to wear something more androgynous...

5. sonia98

I hate dressing like a girl because I'm sort of... well endowed so I feel that people always assume I'm sort of slutty. I used to dress in like mini shorts and stuff to show off my muscular legs but I broke a bone in my foot and now I mainly wear skinny jeans and my brothers shirts. The thing is, I am a very feminine person, I just don't like to show it.

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel very uncomfortable in feminine clothing. Sure, I'll sometimes wear something a little bit feminine but I certainly wouldn't wear dresses, skirts or heels. And while we're on that subject, I'm also not someone to wear makeup.

I just don't feel ladylike, therefore I feel like it goes against the "real me" to dress in overly feminine clothing. I do sometimes dress up a little but not too extreme, and I don't even OWN heels so yeah, I don't wear those.

And another thing is thongs. I don't get how those can be comfortable. It certainly doesn't look good on a slightly overweight person, (actually, it doesn't look good on anyone, because the bum isn't supported so it bounces around, and things like skirts/dresses or even pants ride up in your bum and THAT looks even worse!) I know it won't look good on my fat booty anyway :grin:

7. HooLoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dislike female clothing so much I want to buy boxer briefs and prefer wearing shirts and such instead of a dress. I just feel naked in a dress/skirt as having my legs out ,feels wrong.

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i cant accesorize for shit and i was gonna wear a dress today but that + makeup confusion + my knees made me not so i may have to retract my earlier answer and replace it with a "i am working on it again" phase

9. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't wear floral prints or dresses. Idk why I just don't like them. I've worn dresses to dances but as far as on a daily basis it's just not for me.

10. wanderinggirl

Glad to know I'm in good company! I don't feel horrible in a dress but I much prefer buttondowns, slacks, jeans with a little bit of sag to them, stripes, dark colors, and flat shoes to blouses, leggings, super skinny jeans, florals/hearts, pink/pastels, and heels.

Although, I have to say I love the trend of florals on men's clothing, I think it's perfect and i don't want it to go away.

11. pigpassport

pigpassport Guest

Yep, I'm not a dressy kind of person. Jeans and tees for me all the way. I buy men's shirts too, normally because they're better quality or I just want a plain shirt and the women's designs are horrible. I don't feel horrible in feminine clothing, just awkward, and I look awkward too, it's not me at all.

12. TheStormInside

I'm most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt, but sometimes I do like to "dress up" a little. For me dressing up basically consists of a skirt and a nice top. Maybe leggings/tights and flats. Heels + Me= Disaster waiting to happen. But dressing up a little when going out or to some kind of event makes me feel good.

13. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel uncomfortable with some dresses, and expecially with femmine shoes (I don't know why) whatever, I feel great with some dresses, gothic for example.
    And anyway, I like to be a woman, I feel good with myself.

14. Camouflage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If I can I will always refuse to wear a dress/skirt/very feminine clothing. To me they just don't feel right and I feel awkward wearing them.

15. rainshadow

I really like to wear skirts in the summertime, but usually wear skinny or straight leg jeans. Love patterns, florals and colors. Not really into pink though. Used to wear t-shirts more, but I look really young so I usually wear a nice top or a cardigan. Don't really wear makeup except foundation to cover up the redness. Haha heels and I aren't friends. Live in ballet flats in a variety of colors. :slight_smile:

16. Mino

I don't wear skirts, dresses or heels. But if there's a really festive type of event like going to the opera, I may wear a dress. Those are some extremely rare occasions. I don't mind wearing this kind of clothing, then again, I don't seek them out and I have other preferences in clothing.
    But what I really don't like at all are clothes with imprints like Baby, Girl, Kisses, Love,...etc. Don't wear them ever.

17. Samantha2014

Clothes are a nightmare. I am a practical person and like to dress to be comfortable, I don't like things that are revealing and since being attacked as a youngster whilst wearing my school uniform of a long skirt I never wear dresses or skirts anymore. When I go shopping most of the time I find myself looking at tops in the men's department and wondering why they wont do that style for women, why do women's clothes always seem to have less material or be see through, especially in the summer!
    I just want to wear comfy practical clothes but I still want to look nice.

18. prussianblue100

Nope. I love girls clothing, though skirts do make me a bit uncomfortable. It's probably because I don't wear them that often. I love dresses! They make me feel so pretty and special! Mostly during formal occasions though. I'm not really a fan of the simple springtime dress. And I am getting into makeup, experimenting with eyeshadows and thinking about lipgloss, though my mom will only let me wear her purple eyeliner (which makes me look tired in my opinion). The only boyish thing about me is my love for other women. <3

19. Sorceress of Az

There are some feminine clothes I would enjoy wearing, but mostly I hate the colors and the styles of some, the bright yellows and greens, I hate those colors. I like browns, blacks, shades of Grey, and non-saturated colors.
    If I ever come out I would probably where womens suits, suit jackets, and scarfs(I love scarfs.) I don't think I would ever want to wear a skirt, or those short shorts some girls wear. I do however like the super tight leather pants. I hate denim.

Along time ago when I graduated high-school I use to day dream that I could have went to prom as a girl. I wanted a golden colored dress.

20. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also feel this discomfort, I've been trying to change my wardrobe to have less feminine clothing. The reason is the fact that it makes me feel... I don't know how to say that. Less masculine, less of a man... These were the best words I could find for it.