1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared to come out as mtf

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Krispansexual, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Krispansexual

Out Status:
    All but family
    I am currently 16 years old I have wanted to transition for years but i don't think anyone will be supportive I was trying to wait till I'm 18 till I transition but I can't wait any longer I can't staind it I hate liveing as a boy I hate haveing to hide who I am from my family and most of all I hate haveing to watch as I grow into a man that I was never ment to be im getting more and more depressed anxious and sometimes even suicidel I Can't wait till I'm 18 to transition but my parents will never allow me to I don't know what to do I have nowhere to turn and no one to talk to I really need some help if anyone has any ideas on what I should do please respond

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Do you know how your parents feel about trans people?

3. songbird

I'm so sorry you feel this way. If you feel in any way UNSAFE around your family (as in, you think they'd abuse you in any way or kick you out) I'd advise you against coming out right now. Your safety is key.

However, I just came out as ftm. My conservative father took it very, very we'll.I thought he'd have a million problems with it, and he really didn't. Yeah, he's still kind of ignorant/critical about certain things, but he was so cool about me.
    You could try to find out how your parents feel about LGBT youth or LGBT folk in general, and determine if now is a good time to come out. I know how hard it is to wait. I'm 19 now and literally just came out. I was extremely depressed for a long time. Trust me, this storm is gonna pass. *hug*