1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accidently outed myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JamesDE, Jun 30, 2014.

1. JamesDE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I have a tendency to write letters to myself, generally turning out more into suicide notes but this time thankfully it was not. My mum found a letter on the floor were I was talking about being bisexual and finding it hard to accept myself. I literally have no idea why it was on the floor as I usually have them well locked away. In hindsight its probably a good thing as I was considering coming out to her anyway, I'm just glad she didn't find one of the more depressing ones.

She said that she hasn't told anyone and there were people around so she said that we'll chat later. I literally have no idea what I'm going to say and I think this is the worst way possible that I could have come out.

2. Kabuki

Did she looked angry or something when she said you would have a chat later? If not then you don't have to worry too much, I mean the worst part of coming out is sitting the person down and finding the words to start telling them. You just skipped that first part which is the hardest, now you just have to be honest about it and let her know how you feel about it.

I hope everything goes well!!! Good luck man! :grin:

3. Fandom obsessed

Aw! Well I hope she's not upset. Atleast she didn't hit you or anything :slight_smile:

4. Archie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I reckon you'll be fine. Did she sound/look angry when she said you were going to have a chat later? If not then I wouldn't worry too much.

I guess you'll just have to wait and see? Do come back to tell us how it went. Good luck! X

5. JamesDE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Shes okay with it, my family is quite liberal and accepting so I knew she wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just not how I imagined I would come out, it feels a lot less genuine than actually telling her. She said she wouldn't tell anyone and that I don't have to tell anyone if I don't want to. I suppose I should probably come out to the rest of my family now though.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's good that you family is accepting! I don't think that this made it any less genuine. There are a lot of people that come out via letters and even over the internet. It may not have gone how you wanted it to, but at least it went well. Also, I wouldn't come out to others until you are more comfortable being bi. You know that she is not going to tell anybody, so you can use that time to find what is holding you back from accepting yourself.