1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you chose to be born as the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by tone, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Just Jess

Nah. With my luck I'd probably be a trans guy if I was :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Nick07

loooooooooool
    They say, be careful about what you wish...

3. Akane

Hmmm, that actually makes logically sense if you think about it for a bit.

4. AllenL

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I would have loved to be born a girl, as soon as puberty hit me and my cousin (who is my best friend) distanced. Also, getting rid of the plucking dysphoria, my god it would be a godsend. I would feel as outed, I would finally feel normal, even if I don't remember my male life. I would literally give everything up to be a girl.

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2014 at 08:37 PM ----------

Well, I would imagine cross dressing would be easier.
    #6foot

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2014 at 08:53 PM ----------

Well yeah, there is only so far you can go to change your appearance, blending with society (I feel) is easier for ftm's after transitioning because it's normal for there to be really stocky guys and not so stocky guys. While for mtf's it's hard to blend because some do (if once a stockier guy) have still very prominent facial features/ bodily appearance you would be hard put finding on any cis-gendered females.

So yeah I do believe it has a lot to do with ability to pass in public.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well if it meant I was a cis guy, I can tell you right now that'd make things a hell of a lot easier.

6. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I would have liked to have been born female. It would have been easier for me.

7. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, not at all, I love being a guy. The only positive I can see being a girl is that male dating pool would increase immensely. I would be trans if I was a girl.

8. Camouflage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If I had to choose I would say yes. I've always acted like a boy, have always wanted to be a boy so yes yes yes!

9. OffKilter

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes!!! In a heartbeat!

10. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure, I just found out my gender identity today. I don't even know if I'd like to transition or tell anyone about it. I am OK with the way things are right now and I hope it'll stay that way.

11. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, in an instant.

12. AlwaysUnsure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a good question and I've often thought about it.... Being born as a male is fine with me, and I have no problems with that specifically. But, with some of my traits which are feminine, I think that perhaps maybe it would have been easier to have been born a woman so that I could fit society's norms. But then again, I can't imagine doing some of the things I do as a woman. I just want to fit in to society really. Does that make me trans? I'm not even sure

13. Sabot Kitty

I wouldn't, because butterfly effect would entail that I wouldn't find the love of my life. Otherwise, yes, life would probably be much more tolerable if I were cis.

14. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, there are times that I am curious on how women work down there, but I'm actually quite happy being a dude.

15. lisarenee

Out Status:
    Some people
    While being raised as a boy did give me some insight (positive and negative) into guys that I would not have had as a girl, I would rather have been born a girl. I regret every day that I missed out on the experiences I would have had as a girl. I tried to come out [and transition] in middle school, but was met with hostility from the very people I expected to support me. I wish to this day that I had pushed a little harder, so that I could've at least experienced my HS years as a girl.

A good solution would be something I read in a series of stories a while back. In the stories, there was a device that could make someone a kid again. The machine could also apparently change your gender. If such a machine existed in real life, I would want to go back to when you start school and be a girl.

16. Candace

I'd possibly like to experience being the opposite gender, perhaps for a week or so. In terms of changing my gender entirely? Not at all.

17. tone

I'm going to change my original answer slightly: I would like to have been born as a boy if and only if nothing else changed, not friends, not how I was treated, etc. I think it's very valuable to have insight into how women are treated and I would be a totally different person if I had been treated like a boy my whole life.

So in that way I wouldn't want to change anything, but physically, I wish so so much I had been born the opposite sex. Dysphoria sucks and being misgendered sucks and coming out is terrifying and I wish I never had to deal with any of this.

18. AlexTheGrey

It is hard to say if I'd choose or not. I'd be very tempted, and I have thought about it. I can't help but think I'd be facing the same mild dysphoria. In spite of that, I might do it anyways.

It is more like if you flipped a coin to determine my birth sex, I would be fine living with the result either way.

19. BlueCover905

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy being born a guy. It fits my mindset than that of a woman socially.

20. Saucey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't. Yes, I have been identifying as a male a lot more lately than as a female. But even on my guy days, I don't exactly feel like I want the typical male body. I would love to be a little more muscular and have some more masculine features. But I love my lady business. It's like my best friend. I don't think that how I'm feeling in my mind ever has to change that.