Would you chose to be born as the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by tone, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. I might enjoy being a girl from time to time, but I do very much appreciate masculine advantages.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This is tough...

While I know I'm a woman on the inside. There are certain perks to possessing a male body. For one, I believe I'm in a better position to protect myself, and others. I could still stay active as woman, but my goals and perception would be different. I'd be aligned with who I am, so a lot of what I've experienced and can compare and contrast, would be lost. I don't think I'd be a sheep or useless, but I definitely wouldn't have the dual-split advantage, when considering options or thinking up plans. In a way, being like this, not only has forced me to conquer my own personal demons, it has allowed me the one bridge I can travel that has no regret or shame.

One major disadvantage is, when it comes to the dating pool. A lot of people are, regardless of what they say or spout, going to consider the exterior. No matter how strongly the feminine flame burns inside of me, to most I will be 'just another guy, possibly with some quirks'. In this regard, I would much rather be a woman. However... to keep things a little light, it is unique to be able to directly control a male body, when you're a female. It makes me feel like a spy, if that makes any sense. I may not be what every man or woman wants, but to the few who do give me the chance, I'll have a unique perspective and handling, that you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else, in anyone else.

This being all said, at the end of the day, I am still me. My gender, my sexuality, while nice to focus on and guide, are secondary to the type of individual I am. Before I am [my name], before I am a woman, before I am a bisexual, I am me. I can be me, so long as I can breathe and express.

3. Colorful13

actually I agree. And considering love life being a former female helps u understand what a girl wants and how she thinks

4. birdking

a very tough question indeed!

If I could be born male that would be totally rad and I would probably go for it given the chance

BUT

I have so many friends that have supported me throughout this journey and will continue to, and that means so much to me.

I think I'm a better person than I would have been otherwise.

5. wanderinggirl

I'm a cis-gendered female and I would totally have loved to be born male. I don't have any desire to transition but I think it would have been awesome, to have no hips or boobs and a deeper voice and to be able to get really big muscles and to have male genitalia. But being in a woman's body, I don't feel like I'm in conflict with any part of it, if that makes sense. It's weird!

6. Sorceress of Az

I would rather have been born female

7. Techno Kid

I find it interesting that most of the FAAB people would not want to change the way they were born, but most of the MAAB people would like to change the way they were born.

Do you guys think this has anything to do with how well either one can pass or social pressures from the world put on either one?

8. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is kind of how I feel. If I had a choice in my sex from the beginning (I'm a cis female as well) I would most likely choose male. Even as a child I've thought I'd rather be a man, I've always just related more to males than females. However, I'm not discontent as a female by any means (I'm not even that masculine), so I know I'm not trans or anything outside of the gender binary, it just wouldn't be my first choice.

9. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Yes and no.
    I am glad I grew up being pressured to be female where I live, in that I am a feminist and know a whole lot from the other side. Like a spy.
    I know that given my environment, if I had been born male, I would be just as bad as the average guy.
    On the other hand, I wouldn't have had so many steuggles in life. I would have my family. I would have happiness. Even if it was ignorant happiness.
    Also.
    I like the way I look. I'm average height for a guy, not too tall like I would have been with my genetics. I'm not hairless by a long shot. Again, genetics. I'd be an ape if I had a couple decades of testosterone to bathe in. I wear a size 9.5 men's shoe, which means I can always find something in my size. My physical structure agrees with my gender identity. I'd probably hate myself if I were a cis FAAB or MAAB.

I guess I wouldn't change anything but my absent family.

10. stormborn

i would rather be born male. the fact that i wasn't born male has caused me a lot of hardship and pain. so of course i would choose the option to not have to go through that.

i feel as though being transgender has shaped me as a person, but it isn't my identity. i would likely be a similar person if i was born male.

11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not certain. I'd likely be a similar person to who I am, but I might not be as frustrated with the way society expects me to be, as it seems like there are more possibilities of how a female acts that society accepts than how guys should.

12. birdking

Oh yeah, wow, that is an interesting point. I didn't notice that. Sadly, MAAB people tend to have a harder time passing and that could definitely contribute to the difference.

It is definitely easier to be trans if you can pass reliably. I know if I wasn't able to pass, I would definitely want to be born male.

13. JoshuaTree

It depends. Those days when I feel really bad about my body or when I meet a woman I may like, I would really kill to be born male.
    But I always try and think that being who I am made me more open minded and educated and maybe stronger than if I were born cis-male.

14. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Literally this in reverse. I'm not uncomfortable with having guy-parts, but having
    a chance to start over and be born female would be pretty cool. I'd probably be a little more open with myself and how I want to act (bio females are given a heck of a lot more leeway gender wise)

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd rather be a cis male, and I beat myself up a lot over it as silly as it seems. Though I'm not sure how drastically different my life would be had that been the case; or how different I'd be and that what trips me up a bit more than my situation.

16. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As crazy as this is, seeing as I'm a perfectly-happy-with-my-gender, yes.

17. arkemdis

arkemdis Guest

I'd like to be born cis...straight...female or male it matters not, just not be lgbt frankly.

18. Caracol

Caracol Guest

No i love the way i am, loving the beast.

19. CupidBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never, love love love being a boy.

20. Calix

My immediate answer is HELL YES. I'd love to have been born with a male body.

But at the same time there are some things I've experienced that have made me as strong-willed as I am I guess. I'm pretty sure a lot of it may not have happened if I were born male. So I'd say its 75% yes Vs 25% no? xD