1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an age limit?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by huehue, Jun 21, 2014.

1. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys. I'm bisexual,and I tend to like girls my age,but boys between 17 to my age (20) . I feel bad about it,as I remember in the past one of my friends was dating a 21 year old guy when she was 15 and it seemed really creepy,now I feel creepy when I see a guy who is 16 nearly 17 and I like him.

What would you consider your age limit? I've only ever been with +18 when in a serious relationship (I'm 20) but dating a younger guy wouldn't be very well seen by society either!

2. DangerAlex

I don't feel like age necessarily has to be a big deal. I'd date as young as 21 and probably a old as 32, but that's just my offhand guesstimation. That's not to say I'd immediately disqualify someone for being outside that range. I'm 26 and my boyfriend is 27.

Age difference seems to play a bigger role when one of the two people is underage. I'd say be mindful of your state's laws.

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The LB (Lower Bound) for some who'd I date would probably be 1-2 years younger then me while I still have yet to figure out my UB (Upper Bound.) Last summer, when I was 20, I was seriously attracted to a guy who turned 29 late August. Assuming that guy is my UB, I'd say my range is in this interval: [n-2, n + 9] where n is my age

4. DangerAlex

Love it lol

5. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1-2 years younger, 6-7 years older

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gotta love using everything in mathematical terms :thumbsup:

7. AlamoCity

I sort of agree with your formula. That said, I think the Lower Bound will increase as I a get older (e.g., if my LB is n-2 now, in 10 years it may be n-5). This is because as you get older, a progressively larger amount of people younger than you have greater maturity, or, in other terms, it seems that the rate of change towards "maturity" slows down to the point where an incremental number of difference in years doesn't produce an equivalently different level of maturity between the two people. Not sure if that makes sense.

8. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Makes total sense. For me, I constructed that interval seeing as if I go any larger then 3, the age of being a minor will be in that interval, and clearly, that's a no no. Maturity is, at large a factor, and most likely that interval will widen as the years go by and the minor age/difference in men vs. boys is not near me anymore. That said, the interval will most likely level off and remain unchanged as I get older.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

My boyfriend's about 14 years older than me and that works. I wouldn't ever date someone still in high school (even if they were 18, the idea of them going to prom's just weird to me) or if the age gap was 20+. I prefer older partners as a matter of fact. :wink:

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If we're going mathematically, I'd prefer that the bounds are defined as a fraction of the constant age rather than +- some other constant. It makes a better, more organic proportion that way. :slight_smile:

[n-(n/10), n+(n/5) as a crude example. If n=20, then you could date somebody 2 years younger up to 4 years older as I have it. But it's a little ridiculous to get that specific with weird numbers, and if you told someone you have a formula for dating ages, they'd either love you forever or drop you on the spot XD.

#10 Argentwing, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  11. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Younger person's age divided by 2, plus 7.

12. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

There is a age limit, but I'm impartial with relationships between young and old. What confused me was watching Loving Annabelle. How can age determine how you feel about someone or how you are mentally? What is forbidden love?

13. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls probably 17-21, guys 20-28. I like to be the older one when I'm with a girl, with guys I don't really have a preference, but younger than 20 usually automatically means immature, which I hate.

14. lonelywisp

Out Status:
    A few people
    Too much algebra for me. :grin:

15. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your age limit is whatever is comfortable for you I'd say. My limits are two years younger and 10 years older, anything beyond those would make me feel uncomfortable.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

For me I guess 20+ but not decades older. I want someone mature enough but young enough that we have things in common.

17. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a personal thing and different for everyone. I wouldn't want to date someone younger than me unless it was only 1 or 2 years. I'd much prefer my own age or older.

18. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And if I got that reply, I would 'drop' a person interested in me. Well...not immediately, but if they refused to learn then it would not work out. I'm, personally, too much of a lover of math to not bring up basic algebra whenever it crops up. But if they had an understanding of it, then maybe it would work.

19. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cheers guys,its just people have a prejudice when a 19 year old dates a 17 yo over here,specially if its two guys! Haha

20. finebime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The older you get, the less age matters. But from 17 to 20 there is a huge maturity difference in most... That could be a problem.
    Personally, I doubt I could date anyone more than 10 years older or 5 years younger.